Summoing Guide Update

I noticed how the guide fails to mention about losing pets on death

I have lost about three squirrels and two cats in the past due to death and having the pet following me at that time. I think it would great to mention this in the guide in case anyone does die while they have a familiar/pet with them.

The only other methods of losing your pet is to let it get too hungry and it runs away or you dismiss it so it will never come back.

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

I have lost about three squirrels and two cats in the past due to death and having the pet following me at that time. I think it would great to mention this in the guide in case anyone does die while they have a familiar/pet with them.

The only other methods of losing your pet is to let it get too hungry and it runs away or you dismiss it so it will never come back.

I don't see the pet care guide anymore, but I did find it... http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=kitten_care.htm. There is a notation about death costing you a pet follower there. I also noticed that there isn't any mention in that guide about the cat toy thing (mouse toy) that looks like a whip when you're carrying it.

The guide might have been taken away because it might not be easy to keep up-to-date anymore.

Still, since the summoning guide does mention pets and followers, it should either link to that other guide or include the information there redundantly, in my opinion.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I don't see the pet care guide anymore, but I did find it... http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=kitten_care.htm. There is a notation about death costing you a pet follower there. I also noticed that there isn't any mention in that guide about the cat toy thing (mouse toy) that looks like a whip when you're carrying it.

The guide might have been taken away because it might not be easy to keep up-to-date anymore.

Still, since the summoning guide does mention pets and followers, it should either link to that other guide or include the information there redundantly, in my opinion.

I forgotten and failed to check the Pet Care guide. Yeah I've seen it clearly mentions about death will result in you losing your pet. When you say something about 'Cat toy thing' do you mean the Clockwork cat?

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

It can be found here http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=mini_games.htm as Pet Care

1.png
generic_signature.png

It can be found here http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=mini_games.htm as Pet Care

Huh...I would have thought it would be under general guides, since there doesn't seem to be much minigame to the pet care process. Thank you for the redirect...

I forgotten and failed to check the Pet Care guide. Yeah I've seen it clearly mentions about death will result in you losing your pet. When you say something about 'Cat toy thing' do you mean the Clockwork cat?

The 'cat toy' thing is the mouse toy you get for completing a certain quest.

295/303 Quest Points

Do you mean either the mouse toy or the toy mouse?

Mouse Toy

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=4287

Toy Mouse

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=6663

It's the one I linked to in a previous post...

295/303 Quest Points

yeah I still think it's worth noting in the summoning guide somewhere near the pets section of the guide. After all to stop people fighting really high monsters with rare pets on them like the god birds, vultures and dragons. This has happened to me quite a few times but now I know not to take pets with me especially when fighting high level monsters

Pixie_V_Lott.png

Pixie_V_Lott.png

death and mouse toy added to appropriate guides and credited. Thanks, both!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.