Getting around for Slayer

Deltaer

What are good ways for getting around the world for slayer, as it obviously requires lots of travel?

The Lunar lvl 67 spell - contact any NPC? Or would that just hinder you as I would imagine the normal magic teles would be a lot better to have..?

Any other suggestions or ideas? I plan on using either the Lost City fairy or the one in Shilo Village for tasks...

Edit: guess I should say again that I've been gone for years, so even the simplest tele amulets/tricks/whatever are welcome.. e.g. is there a tele to Shilo? Can't exactly remember..

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

If you can, get Karamja gloves 3 to travel right to shilo village for Duradel. Also, if you can get to 75 crafting the slayer rings for teleport are great for going to the main areas for slaying. I have always used regular magics for slayer because of the ease of just teleporting almost anywhere. You can also use ectophial or teletabs if you are on lunar magic (which is great for the NPC contact) like you said. Hope this helps! ::'

http://sign.tip.it/1/6/24/304/lady_scm.png

Drops/Clue Finds:

Shield left half: 1,Dragon plateskirt: 1, Warrior's Helm: 1, Obsidian Cape: 1, Robin Hood Hat: 1, Dragon Platelegs: 1, Dragon Boots: 4, Amulet of Ranging: 1

You cant do lunar and normal at the same time, so is it wise to give up one for the other? I mean, AFAIK (and I don't know a lot, just got back after 4 years) lunars has no other tele spells right?

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

Umm my construction is lvl 1 so no can do.

What are these fairy rings? I can see you get it from the 2nd part of the quest, but are they unlimited use??

Tele to cave? 5 steps from a ring? Tele tabs?

So I'm assuming most of you use lunar magics and fairy rings for slayer then?

The fairy rings are rings of rocks (or mushrooms?) that you stand in while holding a Dramen or Lunar staff to get teleported to the Zanaris "hub", where you can dial up a location using a three letter code. You'll probably use them a lot with Slayer and otherwise, but access opens only after completing the first part of the Fairy Tale series and starting (you don't have to finish) the second part. The rings aren't worn by the player...they're "unlimited use" rings located on the ground in some pretty useful (and some ridiculously un-useful) locations.

If you have 75 crafting and have completed Smoking Kills, you can gain points to learn the "craft Ring of slaying" technique which will quite simply alter your RuneScape life. It allows teleports to four different locations (if you've completed Haunted Mine, the fourth teleport becomes available)...Sumona in Pollnivneach (yes, a mid-desert teleport and teleport directly to a Slayer master!), the Morytania Slayer Tower (not far from fairy ring destination CKS, the town of Canifis, and the River Salve tunnel and Mort Myre gate), Relleka's Slayer Cavern (the teleport is my most used as the ring would now grant you VERY quick access to the fairy rings at destination AJR, not to mention dropping you off right outside an oft used Slayer destination), and Tarn's Lair (right near the dogs at the end, if you've completed the Haunted Mine quest).

You don't HAVE to have construction to use teleport tablets if you're on Lunar Magic spellbook. You would have to buy them on the GE, of course...and not all of them will be cheap, plus you'll lose the ability to teleport to a couple of destinations (that don't have teleport tabs), but Lunar does give you the ability to talk to slayer masters with magic and teleports to a couple of different destinations that don't have teleport tabs.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]