Amulet of Farming, note

I've been using an amulet for one of my flower patches and I noticed that, when it calls for you...

Notes:

When the amulet calls for you and you ignore it and go to the patch to see what's up, it will not use any charges.

Item's page:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7322

EDIT:

I also noticed that the item's page does not include flower patches among those that it can be bound to. This, of course, should be added as well.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I've been using an amulet for one of my flower patches and I noticed that, when it calls for you...

Notes:

When the amulet calls for you and you ignore it and go to the patch to see what's up, it will not use any charges.

Item's page:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7322

Just curious...what do you mean by ignore it? Do you mean not clicking in the chat box that pops up at all and going there on foot?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

The amulet of farming "hums and seeks an audience with you".

The normal response would be to operate it and see what it wants, what I mean is, skip that, and just don't touch the whole thing. Don't see what it has to say.

Instead just go to the patch it's bound to and see what's up (diseased or fully grown) and harvest/cure, plant new stuff. It won't cost a charge and the amulet will still work as it should. ;)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

The amulet of farming "hums and seeks an audience with you".

The normal response would be to operate it and see what it wants, what I mean is, skip that, and just don't touch the whole thing. Don't see what it has to say.

Instead just go to the patch it's bound to and see what's up (diseased or fully grown) and harvest/cure, plant new stuff. It won't cost a charge and the amulet will still work as it should. ;)

It doesn't hum after each cycle? Does it ever "fool" you by seeking an audience for any other reason?

If not, that's a major oversight by Jagex, I'd say...and a great catch by you.

295/303 Quest Points

It doesn't hum after each cycle? Does it ever "fool" you by seeking an audience for any other reason?

Thanks.

Seeking audience trying to fool me? Not as far as I've been using this ammy of mine (over 100 limp plants and not a charge used). I've been ignoring the amulet and went straight to my limp plants: they either were diseased or fully grown upon arriving.

I'm unsure if Jagex created this by accident though, because when tending to allotments/herb patch next to the flower patch I bound it to, upon growing it also gives a warning that it is diseased/done growing, which would other wise cost you a charge while you're already there.

Anyways, it does save some money/time if players just use one ammy indefinetly for all their farming needs. :P

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Thanks.

Seeking audience trying to fool me? Not as far as I've been using this ammy of mine (over 100 limp plants and not a charge used). I've been ignoring the amulet and went straight to my limp plants: they either were diseased or fully grown upon arriving.

I'm unsure if Jagex created this by accident though, because when tending to allotments/herb patch next to the flower patch I bound it to, upon growing it also gives a warning that it is diseased/done growing, which would other wise cost you a charge while you're already there.

Anyways, it does save some money/time if players just use one ammy indefinetly for all their farming needs. :P

I was more trying to figure out if it would give warnings for stages of longer growing plants (than Limpwurts or other flowers). Perhaps it's something (a single message) unique to flower patches, but perhaps more studies could be done to see if it works for all plants. It would certainly cut down on some of my tree payments. Paying 10 cactus spines for each yew seems a little much, so if I ONLY get an announcement when it's in trouble or fully grown, that would be awesome.

295/303 Quest Points

I believe they work the same for all patches?

Don't yews take forever to grow anyway?

Just wearing an amulet of farming doesn't mean they won't get diseased though. I could never be online long enough in one go to mind trees. ::'

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

I believe they work the same for all patches?

Don't yews take forever to grow anyway?

Just wearing an amulet of farming doesn't mean they won't get diseased though. I could never be online long enough in one go to mind trees. ::'

That's true...but if I were playing for a long time, I could watch it by planting it at the beginning of a session instead of at the end when I log out.

295/303 Quest Points

Fair enough ;)

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
Don't Amulets of Farming only work for allotments and flower patches though? Not trees or anything else?

Nope, although the item database does say it can be bound to bush patches. I haven't checked that. However, how is that relevant? :?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

I've added your advice to the notes section of the Amulet of Farming entry. I've also confirmed that the amulet can only be bound to allotment or flower patches and have updated the entry to relect this.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and providing some useful advice. :thumbup:

I've credited you here, but PM me if you'd like to see anything else added. :)

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png