Java 6 Update 14 issues. Really annoying...

22pepsi22

I am having issues with Java. Whenever I play RuneScape, Java will keep running even after I've closed the game. It will continue to run until I try to shutdown or restart the computer. Whenever I do try to shutdown/restart, the computer will bring up a box saying Java is still running etc. etc. and I'll have to click the end program now button.

This happens EVERY time I play RuneScape. Haven't had to use anything else involving Java, so I don't know what would happen there. Is anyone else having this problem with RuneScape and Java?

Along with the mentioned Java 6-14, I have on my computer Java 6 Update 13 (64-bit). My OS is Windows XP Pro x64 Edition. I am just wondering if I need this particular Java version to run certain programs on my 64-bit OS or if I can delete it.

Thanks.

Ordinarily I would refrain from posting here since I'm really not sure what your problem is but based on the fact that you've been waiting a while:

- Reinstall Java. It might help, it might not.

- Switch browsers. IE has all sorts of problems, and even if it doesn't fix anything it helps narrow down the problem.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. :D

However, I have already tried uninstalling and re-downloading and re-installing.

Also, I'm using Firefox.

I currently have 3 Java applet icons (Edit- I have 4, one was hidden.) on the bottom right corner of my computer screen. Once Java locks up when I run RuneScape, the game will still run fine. When I quit, the icon will remain up. When I go back to play RuneScape, ANOTHER Java applet will pop-up.

So, I guess I keep adding Java applets everytime I close and re-open RuneScape. >_>

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. :D

However, I have already tried uninstalling and re-downloading and re-installing.

Also, I'm using Firefox.

I currently have 3 Java applet icons (Edit- I have 4, one was hidden.) on the bottom right corner of my computer screen. Once Java locks up when I run RuneScape, the game will still run fine. When I quit, the icon will remain up. When I go back to play RuneScape, ANOTHER Java applet will pop-up.

So, I guess I keep adding Java applets everytime I close and re-open RuneScape. >_>

Do you actually have 4 separate Java processes running?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

WHat OS are you using, i have had that problem too (but it didn't noticably affect anything)

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I have noticed that for as long as i can remember. It really isn't that big of a deal but if it bothers you, you can kill the process java[Caution: Executable File].