Tears of Guthix

Sorry, no screen shots. But you don't have to leave the cave to extinguish the lantern, then go back in with the sapphire one. Just go in with a lit sapphire lanter. I just entered the cave with a lit sapphire lantern. There's no need to leave to extinguish, then relight.

The Ultimate Master of Dragons

Sorry, no screen shots. But you don't have to leave the cave to extinguish the lantern, then go back in with the sapphire one. Just go in with a lit sapphire lanter. I just entered the cave with a lit sapphire lantern. There's no need to leave to extinguish, then relight.

I think it means once you get to that step. I'm not sure if you can make a sapphire lantern before that step, but in the tips it mentions that you can have two separate light sources which will allow you to change the lens to a sapphire in the cave...not only that, if you have a Seer's Headband (unlikely, but not impossible), you could extinguish or not even light the lantern beforehand.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

In the cave, no. If you don't bring another lantern, you're right. But if you just make a sapphire lantern before you go into the caves then there's no need to bring a second or leave the caves. And it is possible to make one before that step. I made it before that step.

The Ultimate Master of Dragons

• 1 month later...