Dragon armour.

Woofkittens

[hide=]
I will put it plain and simple..

Statswise; a Dragonfire Shield uncharged is a useful as a Mithril Kiteshield. Whereas Charged it is the best shield in the game in both offence(st, att) and defence.

Rune Defender is THE BEST AVAILABLE (at lower levels) shield in the game as it offers good attack and strength bonuses. If you combine with barrows it can be just as good as a Dragonfire Shield's defence.

So the weigh in..

Rune Defender = Dragonfire Shield.

They are equally good. But:

Rune Defender: 100,000 coins in Supplies to get. Such as food, armour in the animator, potions etc etc

Dragonfire Shield: 15,000,000 coins MINIMUM! (unless dropped as a visage but goodluck anytime soon lol) and may even be close to 20M!

I know which one i would prefer..

No, no, no.

Rune defender is BETTER than Dragonfire shield.

You are taking less damage due to faster kills, and gaining more experience as well.

Dragonfire shield is, for all intents and purposes, overpriced crap.

Dear god, 90% of the Runescape community is deluded.

I don't claim to know which is best but it seems it's a case of every body else is wrong and your right ...

[/hide]

Simple fact is:

Extensive testing by myself and other people have consistantly showed rune defender far outwieghing Dragonfire shield.

Well I could say I have done extensive testing and a few other's have come to same conclusion that the defender is crap, were is the proof?

This is off topic since the headline of the thread is about dragon armour.

You could...but you would be lying, wheras many people ACTUALLY have tested the two with the result that a rune def is better. But you are right, this topic has gotten off track.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

[hide=]
I will put it plain and simple..

Statswise; a Dragonfire Shield uncharged is a useful as a Mithril Kiteshield. Whereas Charged it is the best shield in the game in both offence(st, att) and defence.

Rune Defender is THE BEST AVAILABLE (at lower levels) shield in the game as it offers good attack and strength bonuses. If you combine with barrows it can be just as good as a Dragonfire Shield's defence.

So the weigh in..

Rune Defender = Dragonfire Shield.

They are equally good. But:

Rune Defender: 100,000 coins in Supplies to get. Such as food, armour in the animator, potions etc etc

Dragonfire Shield: 15,000,000 coins MINIMUM! (unless dropped as a visage but goodluck anytime soon lol) and may even be close to 20M!

I know which one i would prefer..

No, no, no.

Rune defender is BETTER than Dragonfire shield.

You are taking less damage due to faster kills, and gaining more experience as well.

Dragonfire shield is, for all intents and purposes, overpriced crap.

Dear god, 90% of the Runescape community is deluded.

I don't claim to know which is best but it seems it's a case of every body else is wrong and your right ...

[/hide]

Simple fact is:

Extensive testing by myself and other people have consistantly showed rune defender far outwieghing Dragonfire shield.

Well I could say I have done extensive testing and a few other's have come to same conclusion that the defender is crap, were is the proof?

This is off topic since the headline of the thread is about dragon armour.

You could...but you would be lying, wheras many people ACTUALLY have tested the two with the result that a rune def is better. But you are right, this topic has gotten off track.

I thought the fact I was lying was implyed, sorry.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

lol kk its basically personal opinion forget it, use defender if you want or dfs imo defender is just more of a str based poviding low defence compaired to dfs on the other hand dfs provides more defence but less of str

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

To answer the OP: If you have the money and it won't leave a big gap in your gp, get it. It does look nice, not as nice as bandos imo, but it does look nice. Most of RS is into how things look and not how well they work when in use.

[hide=The DFS vs. Rune Def]IT has been proven thousands of times that in normal training, not boss hunter or killing dragons, that the Rune Defender beats the DFS in terms of Exp/hr. Even with the increased strength of the DFS, that doesn't out weigh the increased accuracy that the Defender gives.

Now when killing dragons you have to use the Antidragon shield or the DFS if you want to not die. At the DKS, the GWD, and when range tanking the DFS is great to use.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]