Summoning on a Pure?

Knotch_Blade

Well, at the moment I am training my mining, but I plan on starting some slayer tasks to break the boredom as well as doing some farming for some cash :P

Anyway, brief narrative aside, is summoning worth training on a pure? It doesn't affect combat levels in PvP does it?

Also, what would be the ideal stats for a 1 def pure in p2p?

I'm currently 40 Attack, 64 Strength, 1 Defence, 59 HP, 61 Range, 11 Prayer and 1 Magic...

I've heard 60 Attack, 99 Strength, 1 Defence, XX HP, 90+ Range, 52 Prayer and 94 Magic is good...

Anyway, if any of this is unclear I apologize, I just wanted to post the question, because I'm having some irl house troubles atm. :P

LOL again with the summoning on a pure thing

100% yes

0% no

Upside: People wont think you are a pure if you have summoning levels.

Downside:... less money..?

Upside: More useful when slaying or basically training in any way

Downside:... less money..?

It only affects levels in PvP when you have a pouch on you or a summoning familiar out.

Oh and 20 defence is necessary to do slayer properly. Heh, it still works. you just wont get many points..

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Summoning is worth it on all accounts tbh. Even skillers could benefit from it. But we're talking about pures. The bunyip is worth it at lower lvls, but once you get higher, unicorns and titans are also very good. Depends if you want to spend the money on it and if you'll find it useful.

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

But there is a real downside to summoning on a pure. They arent useful in PvP at all since higher levels will own you alot, and chances are a pure wont skill so you wont need summoning much at all.

However it is nice, just incase.

If you want to train it tbh, dont train it until you have charms for a specific level. Namely, 50?

If you do use a familiar while slaying, be sure to try and slay in single combat areas. If you're using something like a Terrorbird to hold items, it will start to attack and get you unwanted exp in some skills. So be sure to either use the familiar which gives exp in the skill you want, or to fight in single combat.

Other then that summoning is a great thing to have. I would try for at least 52 so you can use the terrorbird. Not only does it hold items, it also gives you run energy which may come in handy.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Anyone know any decent ways of charm gathering? Or furthermore, getting magic levels for uber cheap/profit :P my main source of income would be mining, but I can't sell my ores... so... :x and not tele-ing is really ftl.

from 1-55 it wont cost much at all. Combat mage if you want hp up.

if you dont then you probably have to air strike -> confuse your way up.

Charms come with slayer, since you're doing that.

It's hard to get charms with 1 def.

Anyone know any decent ways of charm gathering? Or furthermore, getting magic levels for uber cheap/profit :P my main source of income would be mining, but I can't sell my ores... so... :x and not tele-ing is really ftl.

I'd say just do slayer so you can use broad bolts later on. The monsters will drop some small amounts of gp and some runes that you can then use to get magic up. Most task you can just range them from a safe spot. Also while slaying you can get the charms for summoning. If you get real desperate you can just pick the charms from random event boxes.

If you have to, you can always just sell some of the ores. Not like you can't mine any more.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

I'd say just do slayer so you can use broad bolts later on. The monsters will drop some small amounts of gp and some runes that you can then use to get magic up. Most task you can just range them from a safe spot. Also while slaying you can get the charms for summoning. If you get real desperate you can just pick the charms from random event boxes.

If you have to, you can always just sell some of the ores. Not like you can't mine any more.

I'm keeping everything, bar the one copper ore I mined on Tutorial Island. :P until 99....

I guess I'll just get the rune drops and cast some stuff. :P

I could run laws/double nats and tele or w/e :P

I'm keeping everything, bar the one copper ore I mined on Tutorial Island. :P until 99....

I guess I'll just get the rune drops and cast some stuff. :P

I could run laws/double nats and tele or w/e :P

Ya thats true. and i kinda wanna see a bank pic, out of curosity ::'

GWD:

But there is a real downside to summoning on a pure. They arent useful in PvP at all since higher levels will own you alot

You don't bring a pouch when you PK on a pure...

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool