I have asked about this before..

Dire_Wolf

I asked about this before and still did not get a answer so i will ask once more. Does anyone know of a good program that records Runescape in-game sounds?

I am gonna record TzTok-Jad sounds next time i am gonna kill him...

So does anyone know?

Frap, Xfire and most other screen capture programs have options to record sound as well as video. You just need to make sure you have Wave Out or Stereo Mix selected as the input. If you just want sound and not video then Audacity will do.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Frap, Xfire and most other screen capture programs have options to record sound as well as video. You just need to make sure you have Wave Out or Stereo Mix selected as the input. If you just want sound and not video then Audacity will do.

I tried Fraps. Is Xfire good?

Xfire is only worth using if you want it for all the other stuff, mainly the game hour monitoring (see my sig), friends and such. You need an account to use it, which would probably be a bit of a hassle. Only mentioned it as an example ;)

If you're looking for a free screen recorder, Camstudio would probably be the one to go for.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Xfire is only worth using if you want it for all the other stuff, mainly the game hour monitoring (see my sig), friends and such. You need an account to use it, which would probably be a bit of a hassle. Only mentioned it as an example ;)

If you're looking for a free screen recorder, Camstudio would probably be the one to go for.

I have used Camtasia and have it and i have used Fraps.

I can't seem to get the sound part to work for neither so i need a individual program for sound. But thanks.

Audacity will work perfectly for recording sound.

Downloaded Audacity and it worked well. What i did was:

Record video with Camtasia

Record audio with Audacity

Then add the audio to video using Camtasia

But i had to cut a bit of the audio to make it fit with video. Any tips on how i can click record on both Camtasia and Audacity at same time?

Also what's the difference between Mono and Stereo?

Mono is basically one output while stereo has two (and it usually sounds better than mono). If you had two speakers and played something in mono then the same sound will come out of both speakers at the same time. If played something in stereo then each speaker can do different things at the same time. Something like surround sound will have like 8 different outputs including the bass.

You could make a single keybind to make both record at the same time, but that's a tricky way of doing it. Haven't used Camtasia myself, but I'd search for a guide on how to record sound with it if isn't obvious. I know it can be done.

draciontheman.png

Mono is basically one output while stereo has two (and it usually sounds better than mono). If you had two speakers and played something in mono then the same sound will come out of both speakers at the same time. If played something in stereo then each speaker can do different things at the same time. Something like surround sound will have like 8 different outputs including the bass.

You could make a single keybind to make both record at the same time, but that's a tricky way of doing it. Haven't used Camtasia myself, but I'd search for a guide on how to record sound with it if isn't obvious. I know it can be done.

I will look into Camtasia sound, but i have before