Bodybuilding

Jamie2002

*description of intense physical workout*

Seems a little exessive to just back into shape? :?

But anyway, i'm not a massive bodybuilder or top athelete, i motivate myself, when i want to go for a run or bike ride i'll go. Over the summer i was out on my bike a lot and it's really showing at school, coming near the top in most races (x-country, bleep test) etc. and i intend to maintain this level throughout the winter with running etc.

I'm entering my senior year, and already colleges are looking at me, because I'm a full-time athlete. I am a football, basketball and baseball player, so I owed it to myself to get back in shape

roflmao i worked hard soph to jr yr and we ended up losing in semis by 1 (5A basketball) then i didnt do alot :-\ but i still did great by senior yr and im playing basketball full scholarship and no compaints.... once ur inshape its maintaning it unless u wanna go to the next lvl.... and if ur a "full time athlete" how the hell did u only have a 21 in vert? thats kinda low... gj on getting it up and good times on ur mile... im 6'8 so im a lil slower rofl

But anyway, i'm not a massive bodybuilder or top athelete, i motivate myself, when i want to go for a run or bike ride i'll go. Over the summer i was out on my bike a lot and it's really showing at school, coming near the top in most races (x-country, bleep test) etc. and i intend to maintain this level throughout the winter with running etc.

I'm entering my senior year, and already colleges are looking at me, because I'm a full-time athlete. I am a football, basketball and baseball player, so I owed it to myself to get back in shape

roflmao i worked hard soph to jr yr and we ended up losing in semis by 1 (5A basketball) then i didnt do alot :-\ but i still did great by senior yr and im playing basketball full scholarship and no compaints.... once ur inshape its maintaning it unless u wanna go to the next lvl.... and if ur a "full time athlete" how the hell did u only have a 21 in vert? thats kinda low... gj on getting it up and good times on ur mile... im 6'8 so im a lil slower rofl

i am 6'6" and I hadn't worked out AT ALL for about 7 months. It happens when I stay out of shape..

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Remembering that what works for some, might not work for others.

Towards Creatine. From a Bodybuilder I know he has recommended that If i wanted to bodybuild then yes use it. What he also told me is that, to begin with, USE PROTIEN SHAKES of a lower level before moving onto any sort of creatine substance. It might take a good 3 months of protien shakes before moving onto creatine.

Towards Red Bull. The only thing I know about red bull is the short term energy boost that It gives you. It might be good drinking before your workout, but adding red bull into your diet I would doubt would be a good thing.

Creatine makes your muscles retain more water which makes you look bigger. You can start Creatine any time you want. As soon as you get off creatine all your muscle will turn into fat You should also take protein shakes. This helps your muscles grow bigger because of the proteins.

You're completely right about redbull. It gives you a short term energy boost-crash and burn.

The biggest problem about creatine is that it's a new supplement. Even thought there are no short term effects we will have to wait and see what the long terms effects are.

Two supplements that I take are protein shakes and glutamine.

For more info on glutamine http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/md9.htm

Good luck If you plan to do it, It is way better than being skinny or fat. Being a man with tiny strengh can lead to self-abasement.

From the begining of this year 2005, I've been start weight lifting with a 5kg weight( it is that ankle thing that trains your leg)..I have no help from anyone so I have been doing it wrong..

But this is what I did. I start lifting until I couldn't do it anymore then time myself..turns out I couldn't do more than 7 minutes...

After my arms recover..(yes the muscle feel a bit sore in the next 2 days)

I started doing 5 minutes. 5 times in a week. AFter a month I double the time and try 10 minutes and use an ironing board instead of that ankle thing because it is heavier, the ankle thing I have to do it seperately.

The muscle doesn't feel sore so I continue for the next 5 months :twisted:

But with those exams don't feel like doing it any longer.

After the exams I went from 10 to 15 minutes, after a month had no problem. went for 20 minutes..no problem, a month and a half later went for 25...no problem at all so i continue.

Finally I feel like I can try 30 minutes but 20 minutes is quite long so I tight that abanden ankle thing to the ironing board (which is recently). Again I take it to the limit and time myself (15 minutes). don't know how much it weight though.

I am going for 20 minutes soon or later.

This is what I've been doing. I don't why am I posting this, there are lots of good advice in here.

If you eat red meat for a meal wouldn't you have enough protein to build those muscles? If you have enough protein and take in extra protein that wouldn't go anywhere would just results in gain some extra fat. Just a thought on protein shake at early stage.

1b57366d.jpg

anyone who wants to seriously lift, and is not just reading this thread from boredom should not take seriously 95% of waht is said. Muscle turning into fat? creatine dangerous and making you look fat? give me a break :roll: . bulk up like crazy from using creatine, if only it was that easy :roll:

I'm not saying I'm a fitness expert a look at me will support this claim,. But I will also admit that I have more knowledge about the subject than most people here. I've got the knowledge, I'm just lazy.

If anyone wants advice, i suggest going on http://www.bodybuilding.com , it is by far the best website for anything related to fitness and health. There are also other good websites out there, but bb.com is good to start with. If you want you can also pm me or send me a message on AIM, cuz I'm not gonna take an hour out of my time to write something which will end up getting flamed by noobs, and not being read by people who are actually looking for information. As I already said before, I'm not an expert, but I'll try to help you out.

AIM- BeAManH0gan

Runescaper (off and on) since late 2001

Towards Red Bull. The only thing I know about red bull is the short term energy boost that It gives you. It might be good drinking before your workout, but adding red bull into your diet I would doubt would be a good thing.

Red Bull also stimulates your metabolism, so if your looking for faster weight loss, you could drink a red bull before some cardiovascular activity (such as running)

It wouldn't, however, be a good idea to use red bull all the time. It is chock full of sugar and that will give you energy, but it also is unhealthy. Protein bars/shakes are most defintly the way to go. Don't even think about creatine.

What sort of heart surgery did you have? Wouldnt think someone entering their senior year of high school, and is very athletic would be having heart surgery :shock:

i had a hole in the septum of my heart. It caused blood to travel through my lungs and into my brain causing strokes. I had 3 in one week, so they used a cathader to close the hole

I dont really understand that, but it sounds painful, and dangerous :shock:

Thanks for the explanation.

. Muscle turning into fat?

What do you think happens to muscles once you stop working out. They don't just vanish into the air-they turn into fat

creatine dangerous and making you look fat? give me a break :roll:

yes it does,happened to a friend of mine

. bulk up like crazy from using creatine, if only it was that easy :roll:

You have to be a complete idiot. Creatine will make you bulk up.