Question Regarding EP and Potential Drops

Duke_Kaleb

Jagex stats that these four things all have an effect on your potential drops:

* The size of your potential drop value.

* Your Combat level.

* Your opponent's Combat level.

* The value of items your opponent lost.

Scenario - I have 60m worth of items - my victim has 200k worth. Would I receive a potentially better drop if I were risking a lot more then him, or if I were risking 200k also?

ohmygosh3gk9.jpg

I'll assume that by worth, you mean risk.

The answer, as Jagex explicitly states, is no. This has been observed by various pkers. However, it has been confirmed by a JMod (somewhere on the RSOF, too lazy to go find it) that a certain percentage of wealth you have lost is added to kills you get.

d9f84e76d7.png

It was either unstickied or deleted.

It was in a recent updates sticky, when they added +1 BH worlds because of all the furor over the lack of the Prot prayer.

Mod Benny (I think) explained why they'd taken out the Prot pray, and in it, also detailed that there's some sort of "potential" pot, to which value is added each time you die, and is emptied (in a manner of speaking) into the next few drops you get. (He also mentioned in this post that Jagex was working on anti-pj measures)

d9f84e76d7.png

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to say, one time i got a VLS drop from a dher who was only risking 100k. Later on, I kill another who was skulled, all i got was his body and few artifacts, drop wasn't worth more than 1.5m.

Both time I was risking the same amount. I think biggest factors are combat level, level different, and more importantly, luck.