getting full sara armour

crazyazy121

My goal right now is to get to 4 mil gp so I can buy full sara armour. I am in the process of buying 1.1 mil worth of coal and mithril, but for whatever reason I can't buy the coal. I've been going back and forth between mining coal and addy so I just sold some before I tried to buy coal, so I think that may be the problem. The thing is that I've read in certain places that you can't sell and buy a single item right after each other, and a guide on this site said I couldn't buy more than 25k I think of raw materials in 6 hours, which would seem to contradict the fact that I bout way more than 25k of mithril ore recently. Moreover I have managed buy a couple 100k of gp of coal in one shot, so I think the problem is that I just sold coal. Is that right?

The big picture, though, is that I have several ways to make money and have fun doing it. I can try and purely mine addy ore in the wildy, though I haven't been too successful in that, I can mine coal and some addy in the dwarven mine, I can mine pure coal, I have smelt mithril bars (as I indicated above) and I can smelt steel bars. As you probably noticed all of those ways include mining and smithing, the reason being that I enjoy those the most. Mining clay and making pizza don't really appeal to me. So, what do you think is the best way for me to earn the additional approx. 3 mil? And is there any trick to mine addy ore without constantly being attacked by hobgoblins and revanents?

by the way I'm f2p

You can only sell an item after you have bought it after you have waited 4 hours. It is not 6 hours, it is 4 hours so this expliains why you've managed to buy mroe than 25k. And it is 25k of an item, meaning 25k pieces of coal not GP. I think that's you're question if not, well sorry I didn't get what you meant.

I don't think you can keep the hobgoblins from attacking you, have you tried just standing there for 10minutes and seeing if they stop being aggressive? I mean....if you just went there and stoof with some food to let you last 10mins and if they become non-aggressive then there's your way. And I think making mith bars is a fine way for you to make money, please keep on doing that. I'm sorry that f2p is sooo limiting.

Kandymann3, the awesomest of the awesome.

kandymann3.png

Kandymann3, you interpreted my question correctly :)

I did manage to mine a full pack of addy once, and by the end the hobgoblins stopped attacking me. One even went through me. The revanents are still a problem though, and if I have to stand there for ten minutes every time I mine coal would become more time-effective. I'm not sure if they become aggressive again when you log out and log in or whether you just leave. In any case, I've been attacked multiple times by 105 level revenants, and I'm level 73 so if I'm attacked after dropping cake (the food I bring) to make room for addy, I'm dead along with my addy. So until I become more powerful, I'm gonna stay away.

Webmaster04, since I'm not a member, I can only chop yew logs and those are worth less than coal.

mmmcannibalism- auto retaliate lets you swing your pick once more before stopping, so I'd have to constantly click. I'm not sure if thats effective, though, since I never tried it out. I would figure then I'd be relying on the luck factor in mining that gives you the ore after one mine strike.

Aggressiveness is not affected by whether you've logged in or out, but by how much time you've spent there while logged in. Thank goodness, or wyvern tasks would be soooooo much worse ::' .

As for the revenants, what armour are you wearing, rune or dhide? You should be wearing the latter, and that coupled with range pray can more than likely ensure your escape, or at lease give you a better chance of dying closer to a location you can reach :) .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Yew logs are 504 gp mid price and coal is 225 gp mid price. So for every one yew log you chop, you can get 2 pieces of coal. This narrows it down to which do you get faster, coal or yew logs? If you can mine coal faster then you can chop yew logs i would stick with it. Since you also enjoy mining it shouldn't be much of a problem.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

cptbaker08-wow 500 gp? I hadn't noticed that. I can mine coal faster, but I haven't timed how fast I can get a pack full of yew logs. Right now I invested everything in coal and mithril, so I'll finish that before trying yew logs.

aspeeder- thats great news! Now I will reevaluate whether its better to mine addy ore. I still have to worry about revenants but I've been able to get away. By the way, I've been using rune platebody and I've been taking it off at the first sign of a revenant, but if dhide isn't too much, I'll try that too. Also banks are quite far, but addy ore is worth 4 or 5 times more than coal.

If you got 60, you can also try mining in the guild. There are a few mith ores down there, and some addy outside the gates down there as well. But im not to sure.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If the Hobgoblins are becoming non-aggressive, try mining on a PvP world. Very few people ever go up there, and there are no Revenants. Also, the mining guild is a safe area on PvP worlds and is usually pretty empty. I find this allows for pretty easy coal mining. You just have to jump back to a non-PvP world to go to the bank.

Best thing to do would be to load up with addy or mith and then spend some time in the guild superheating, if you can.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Don't worry, I didn't suggest anything that was member's only. I'm f2p as well.

The mining guild is available to everyone with 60 mining, and superheat ore is a level 43 spell. You just have to buy the nature runes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...