Java problems

Robert_R

I'm starting to have problems playing runescape on my laptop because sometimes when I'm playing java seems to start running twice and shuts down the runescape screen. I don't know if it's actually running twice but sometimes this: oqd7uu.png shows twice next to each other like this: 24qlqhs.png. After that shows up the runescape screen goes black and the symbol goes away when I x out of the screen.

Any ideas why it is doing this and how I can fix it?

Java is crashing. Try un-installing, then re-installing.

The 2 there are because when something crashes on Windows XP/Vista, it stays in the taskbar until you hover over it for some reason. It's just a symbol really, it doesnt do anything.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

im having this issue too. if you wave the mouse over it and it goes away its not still running. but if it doesnt then open task manager ctrl+alt+del and go to processes and end task on all java[Caution: Executable File](just make sure your not playing runescape when you do this) and itll get rid of them. mine were eating alot of memory so if you have a few youll see a sudden speed boost when you stop them.

tigerboy0213.png

tigerboy0213.png

tigerboy0213.png

I found out I didn't download the latest version of java, so I went and uninstalled java and got the latest version of it. Unfortunatly it's still shutting down the rs screen randomly and a few times it actually makes my laptop crash after it does this. :(

What do you mean when you say crash? That is a very broad term that is used. Please specify with some more detail. Is it restarting or shut down in just a second or two? I tend to believe you have a bigger problem than java if it is simply crashing as you state. Are you possibly having thermal issues? I know java will get laptops all worked up and running good while it is running RuneScape. This could be what is making it crash. I really can't say for sure until you add some detail to what you mean by crashing.

It freezes for a second then goes to a blue screen with a lot of white words that I can't read in time because it shuts down to quickly. It restarts after it does this. After it restarts it asks me if I want to start windows regurally, in safe mode, and one other option that I can't remember. That's about the most detail I can think of saying about it sorry if that doesn't really help.

Going away for a few hours so I can't respond for awile.

It take it you are running vista by the pictures you posted above. Disable the automatic restart of the system when it fails. To do this click Start, right click on Computer, click Properties, click Advanced system settings on the side, click the advanced tab if it isn't already selected, clicked Settings.... under Startup and Recovery, uncheck Automatically restart under System failure, click OK, and click OK. This will make it so you can read the stop code and jot that down, then post it here. If you wanted you could use windows debugger and post the results from that here. I wrote a small guide on how use windows debugger if you wish to do that. Click here for the guide.