Getting 94 Magic w/ Lunar Magicks

Jwen

Hello fellow Tip.It'ers.

I am currently 86 Magic, which allows me to cast Plank Make.

But I was wondering whether if I should go for the fast route which is to cast Plank Make many times or to do something more money-earning. I've read many threads and I'm still in a dilemma on how to count those type of

"If you can make XXX k GP in an hour, then go for the fastest way to get your levels."

I currently have 10M+ GP and am willing to spend it but I don't know if the "leftover" time I'm given would allow me to earn it all back.

I have both Lunar & Ancient Magicks so casting any spells from both are OK for me.

tl;dr:

What is the cheapest way to get to 94 Magic from 86 Magic efficiently with the ability to cast from all 3 spell books?

nRLBLM.jpg

There is no argument. The most efficient way to train magic is Barraging Rock Lobsters (Smoke Barrage for you). This is because the charms you get are worth a lot as well as the HP xp.

Here my data for smoke barrage:

114k magic xp/hr

59.5k hp xp/hr

513 casts/hr

6 blue/hr

40 green/hr

163 crim/hr

96 gold/hr

1.45 ppots/hr = ~6 doses/hr

1 cast = 222 magic xp

1 cast = 115 hp xp

1 blue = 85.5 casts

1 green = 12.825 casts

1 crim = 3.15 casts

1 gold = 5.34 casts

Plankmake is about 145k per hour at its best, and 130-140k is a more practical number

So Plankmake is roughly 20% faster. That means every 5 hours of Plankmake, you save 1 hour compared to if you barraged rock lobs. However, that does not take into account the charms or hp xp.

The hp xp is worth 1 hour at SW or PC. That alone makes the two roughly equal.

4 golds = 1 crim, 3 greens = 1 crim, .3 blue = 1 crim, generally. So that means in 1 hour you get 218 crimsons of xp. Compare this to Waterfiends, where you only get 110 crimsons of xp. That means you save about 2 hours at Waterfiends for the charms.

You will need to calculate costs yourself, since they are very quick to change for Plankmake. They can easily go to being even more expensive than Barraging, so watch out.

In summary, if you did Plankmake, in 5 hours you'd get 5 hours of magic xp. However, if you did Rock Lobsters, you'd get 4 hours of magic xp, 1 hour of hp xp, and 2 hours of summoning xp. Rock Lobsters are clearly the better option. Yes, it is expensive. Each trip costs roughly 4m, but lasts roughly 6 hours. That's a small price to pay to save 12 hours of time.

These are the current costs of plank-make. These will increase once planks are dumped and crash in worth.

Oak - 3gp/xp

Teak - 2gp/xp

Mahogany - 1gp/xp

With the current experience rates this is definitely the best way to train magic. The setback is that once planks crash it will be one of the worst ways. It all depends whether or not you wish to take the gamble for some fast & cheap magic xp. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

First of all, thank you for the post zaaps.

You have surely convinced me to burst rock lobsters instead, but to get to 94 Magic from 86 would need me 4.3M EXP.

And after doing some small calculations with the values you have given me..

I would only get 2M EXP with the current estimated value of 12M that I currently have though. So I guess money is still the object restraining me from much.

I know that Plank Make is a very risky way of training Magic since purepure has already mentioned about merching clans dumping them soon after the prices rise..

But maybe I shall do it, I guess there isn't much time now is there? Seeing that Mahogany (logs) have already rised for a few days..

Is it very risky to do Plank Make as of now? I don't think I will be able to buy many Mahogany logs since they are being merched..

So I guess I'll have to do my calculations using max prices of logs and planks then?

Is it correct for me to do calculate it like this?

(Price of plank at max price) - (Price of logs at max price) + (Price of 2 Astrals) + (Price of 1 Nature) + (Conversion of plank to log price) = Amount

Amount / 90 = GP per XP

nRLBLM.jpg

Yes, looks good to me.