Use of Magic for F2P PVP

Sinkhan

Assuming I had a really high magic level and didn't raise HP while I raised it, would there be any point to using magic in F2P PVP?

I'm mainly looking at confuse and weaken to lower attack and strength and possibly curse for defence pures. Would these spells compliment a range/2her or should I just use the extra attack cycles to simply fight them?

What Est0rrath and Gin_and_tonic said are very true. There really is no need for mage pures past level 42, even with Fire Blast by your side strength Pures can also max 16's (17 at highest) by that level, and their HP will exceed that of a Mage Pures' making it easier for them to kill you. Also, most pures won't be willing to take risks against Mage Pures and with the speed of your spells, you'll be lucky if you can get any kills at all before you run out of money. Although, with the new drop system that involves EP mage has become EXTREMELY useful at low levels, since the max of mage greatly exceeds the max of other combat styles. Although Mage by itself is rather useless, when combined with Range it can be a deadly secret weapon.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

I never meant to be a mage pure with 10 HP. I'm mainly going ranged (34 ATM, going for 40 in the short run), but I'm wondering if it would be worth bringing some mage gear and some runes for stat affecting spells.

The Tip.it combat calc says I can go up to 41 mage with 40 ranged at only 30 combat. That'll give me a max hit of 13 backed up by some decent ranging. My only concern is my magic accuracy. It'll be pretty low in ranging gear.

I never meant to be a mage pure with 10 HP. I'm mainly going ranged (34 ATM, going for 40 in the short run), but I'm wondering if it would be worth bringing some mage gear and some runes for stat affecting spells.

The Tip.it combat calc says I can go up to 41 mage with 40 ranged at only 30 combat. That'll give me a max hit of 13 backed up by some decent ranging. My only concern is my magic accuracy. It'll be pretty low in ranging gear.

Don't use stat reducing spells against your opponents. The effect is limited, and it just isn't worth your invent space or money.

As for using Attack spells in ranging gear, I suggest wearing a Mage Hat and Robe, and a Power Amulet. A Magic Amulet is optional, but you'd be better off using a Power Amulet as to not give away that you're a Range/Mager.

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]