Tip.It gave me a virus

Rockneo1

It's not a coincidence, it happened twice, I don't know if it's your stupid popups or what, but that last 3 times I've tried to go on tip.it avira has gone nuts, I tried to take a screenshot, I guess I hit the wrong button,

Best Regards, Rockneo.

Rockneo1.png

archsupportei2.png

I own RuneUnion, Along with Nq2H and Brainiac!

I'm pretty sure a lot of users would be over us if we actually were infecting computers, so maybe it could be a problem on your side or a false positive. Couldn't you please post some details about that? For example, was there a specific advertisement when you saw the warnings, etc.?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

We keep our website and software squeaky clean. We want to keep our users safe! And as meol said, if we did have a problem there would be hundreds (or thousands) of users wanting to kill us, lol.

Normally, I'd say it's possible that you picked up a virus from another site, but given what you've said it doesn't seem likely.

So two more possibilities occur:

1. Google ads may have served us up a bad (dangerous) ad. Google very quickly removes such ads when they happen, and it occurs Very infrequently.

2. Or perhaps an ad caused a popup that MIMICKED your antivirus software, falsely saying there was a problem. When you click such a popup that is not from your own computer, it typically transfers you to a site where they want you to download something or buy something.

I don't know if either one of these is really what happened. I recommend scanning your computer well to ensure it is safe. I hope you will try us again. If it does happen again, please do try to notice even just the Name of the company advertising (even without a link) on the top and sides. It might at least give us a *hint* if an ad is the problem.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I could open tip.it's home page and get you some screenshots I suppose.. Infecting myself for the better of tip.it how nice of me. ;)

One more thing, I'm very techy, so I know it wasn't false anti-virus software, and I think it was your number one, I assume is wasn't netflix, because that popped up, and then an anti virus warning came along with it, but I highly doub't netflix would have a virus.

Rockneo1.png

archsupportei2.png

I own RuneUnion, Along with Nq2H and Brainiac!