Enchanting Bolts for Dummies (The NY Times #1 Bestseller!)

CookMePlox

So u go by roonz an den u cast spellz on goblinz and duckz.

Ever get tired of the slow experience rates of High Alchemy or the terrible losses of String-Jewellery? I sure have. I've done some research and come up with a simple, yet quite viable, method. As such, I've written a best-selling book on the topic under the Dummies brand. I hope you'll enjoy...

bolt.png

This book is the result of thousands of hours of research combined with thousands of dollars of educational grants.

Table of Contents

1.0) What the hell is this guy talking about?

2.0) General Information/The BORING Stuff

3.0) Experience Rates/The IMPORTANT Stuff

4.0) Prices/The GOOD and BAD Stuff

5.0) Tips and Tricks/The FUN Stuff

6.0) Questions and Answers/The QUESTIONS and ANSWERS Stuff

7.0) Closing Remarks/The LAST Stuff

8.0) Credits and Acknowledgements/The Part Where I THANK People.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT?

Good question. Bolt Enchanting is one of the little known ways of fast Magic Experience. "So what?", you're asking. Ah, yes. Bolt Enchanting MAKES MONEY (most of the time :)) Profits can range anywhere from 0 to 150,000 Coins an hour! But more on that later.

GENERAL INFORMATION/The BORING Stuff

To Enchant Bolts, you need two things: Bolts and Runes. More specifically, Gem-Tipped Bolts and Runes corresponding to the spell. Enchant Crossbow Bolt spell can first be used at level 4 Magic, but you won't go much of anywhere until at least level 27 Magic, and the fun starts at levels 49 and 57. Here's a Table from everyone's favorite site on Crossbow Bolts (because I'm too lazy to make my own.) It includes the level needed, runes needed and just about anything else you could EVER need.

The only Bolts worth doing are Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond. The other high-level bolts profit, but they are extremely difficult to sell.

EXPERIENCE RATES/The IMPORTANT Stuff

Casting Enchant Crossbow Bolt takes three game ticks, which are 0.6 seconds each. At the very maximum, one can cast 2000 Enchant-Bolts an hour. I manage around 1980. If I were to use Emerald Bolts (which require 27 magic and give 37 experience per cast), I would achieve a WHOPPING 73,260 Experience an hour, enough to take me from level 27 to almost 48 in an hour! At the maximum, one could receive 74,000 experience an hour.

Ruby bolts (level 49 required) give 59 experience per cast, which could give a maximum of 118,000 experience per hour, just about as good as String Jewellery!

Diamond bolts require level 57 and give 67 experience. That could translate to ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SIX THOUSAND experience an hour! Now we're talking!

Other bolts may at some point make a profit, but these are the only solid ones.

PRICES/The GOOD and BAD Stuff

Prices, prices! Where to start! Oh yes. Remember how I hooked you by telling you this made a profit? I wasn't lying! Between 80 and 90 percent of the time, enchanting those three types of bolts made a profit. Let's start with Diamond. They require 2 Law Runes and a Cosmic (All calculations are done assuming some sort of elemental staff is used.) In this case, you'll be using an Earth Staff. As of the time of this last edit (9/8/09) Unenchanted Diamond Bolts are 967 each, and enchanted are 1072. Remember that you enchant 10 at a time. That's a difference of 1050 each enchant! Now let's factor in the Runes. Currently, Law Runes are at 359, and Cosmic Runes are 183. The spell costs 901 coins. Let's do some simple 'rithmetic. 1050 minus 901 is 149. 149 coins every enchantment! If you can do a maximum of 2000 an hour, that's 298,000 coins! Wow! 136,000 experience per hour AND almost 300,000 coins! That's actually a good way to make money!

For the sake of making this more complicated, let's make an equation:

P = 10(E - U) -R

Where P is Profit, E= is the Enchanted cost of a Bolt, U is Unenchanted, and R is the cost of Runes for the spell.

From this we gather that:

Ruby Bolts make a profit of 85 each, for an per-hour income of up to 170,000 per hour.

Emerald Bolts currently LOSE 19 per cast, for a loss per hour of 38,000. While this is certainly not much money, I would of course recommend to use the other bolts, seeing as they make money and give greater experience. Like I said, sometimes you will not make a profit.

Which brings me to my point of this section:

NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER buy Bolts and Runes before checking the Grand Exchange Database to make sure you can pull a profit! I have a friend (who will remain unnamed) who lost 800,000 coins over the period of an hour because he didn't check the prices!

TIPS AND TRICKS/The FUN Stuff

Soon I will be testing out Mousekeys to see if they would be helpful for Enchanting Bolts. For Ruby and Diamond, the code would be something like [5 - 6 - 7 - +] or [5 - 6 - 6 - 7 - 7 - +] repeated over and over. Check out wakka102's guide to Mousekeys found here.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS/The QUESTIONS and ANSWERS Stuff

Closing Remarks/The LAST Stuff

Well, what have we learned today? We have found a great way to gain magic experience and get some pretty major money. Sounds good to me!

Thank you for reading this book. I will try to update this as often as possible to keep prices accurate. Check around the guides forum in the next few weeks for more books by me! And more picture on this guide!

Credits/The Part Where I THANK People

Java Gaming Experts (JaGEx) for creating RuneScape. Omgzzz I luvz j00.

Tip.It for use of this forum and the link to the Magic Guide.

wakka102 for the link to his Mousekeys guide.

misterxman because he is bomb.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Lol Nice photoshopping.

I'm wondering, do Diamond bolts sell well? I was trying to do with a LONG time ago, but it took me like a wee kto buy 1k Diamond bolts.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I'm wondering, do Diamond bolts sell well? I was trying to do with a LONG time ago, but it took me like a wee kto buy 1k Diamond bolts.

You can sell them easily enough. They are one of the most used bolts for Rangers hunting bosses.

Is it easy to buy gem tipped bolts on the GE though? Only done it once and I ended up cutting my own diamonds and fletching them which caused a slight loss.

It can be sometimes. On certain times it is hard, and other times its rather easy. However, most of the time you wont profit completely on Diamond bolts - but you probably will profit on certain others.

A good thing to add to the guide, CMP, would be fletching Onyx tip bolts, enchanting them and alching them.

I dont need a siggy no moar.