new acc.

RayOxide

So I made a new account, not sure if I will go initiate (+5 def for slayer) or Berserker with it, so shine some light guys.

(tell me which)

it wont be my main, Ray Skiller will still, but I have a few questions.

When should I switch to Vannaka for Slayer assignments?

Should I begin training range now or possibly later on in game?

What are a few ways to make money without skills for a low level player? I dont want to go combat 'cause I wanna do slayer as much as I can. And I only want to raise certain skills until later on.

Will edit if I remember/think of more.

Thanks.

EDIT:

What are quests an initiate pure (later a Berserker pure) should complete? I have to do Black Knights Fortress and Rec. Drive obviously, but what are some others?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I never had much though about making pures. Don't really see why it matters though since you're going to be doing a lot of slayer. I have no opinion on whether Initiate or Berserker would be better.

I say switch to Vannaka when you have some decent combat levels. Look at the tip.it slayer guide and see which tasks he assigns are the hardest and see hwo well you can do them. If you think you can manage then go for it. If you think you'll have a hard time then maybe stick with Mazchna or Tureal.

Range is a lways a good thing to do. For slayer it means you can safespot a lot more and have an alternate to do tasks. But melee is typically faster for most tasks.

Well i hear that tanning hides is some decent money. Also adding pineapples to pizzas can get you money. But idk how well these work as i never had to make money.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Personally, i'd get 42 defence ASAP, got Void and Range ALL your slayer assignments. It may take 20+ hours but its well worth it, especially if you intend to hardcore slay - it also made me 300k which i spent all slayer items :D.

From my experiences Vannaka gives alot of assignments that can be easily Ranged or Maged and if you wish to train melee, i'd advice doing Regicide for Dragon Halberd. Its an awesome weapon and you can eventually do Roving Elves and get Crystal Bow. So i would probably start doing Vannaka ASAP. The Canifis master doesn't give good tasks in fairness, and i found the Lost City master gives a high number of Dagg Tasks at my level- which is a pain.

As for money making, it sounds lame, but i mined 10k pure ess for level 1-50, sold it to make around 1.6m and then bought aload of melee items and went about slaying/killing regular monsters. I've had some good luck with clues too, so i would suggest doing them if you need the money.

Personally, i'd get 42 defence ASAP, got Void and Range ALL your slayer assignments. It may take 20+ hours but its well worth it, especially if you intend to hardcore slay - it also made me 300k which i spent all slayer items :D.

From my experiences Vannaka gives alot of assignments that can be easily Ranged or Maged and if you wish to train melee, i'd advice doing Regicide for Dragon Halberd. Its an awesome weapon and you can eventually do Roving Elves and get Crystal Bow. So i would probably start doing Vannaka ASAP. The Canifis master doesn't give good tasks in fairness, and i found the Lost City master gives a high number of Dagg Tasks at my level- which is a pain.

As for money making, it sounds lame, but i mined 10k pure ess for level 1-50, sold it to make around 1.6m and then bought aload of melee items and went about slaying/killing regular monsters. I've had some good luck with clues too, so i would suggest doing them if you need the money.

Whoa man you're thinking way too far out. I dont like void, I cant stand PC :XD: if I did ever get it I'd get it on my main first. :| And same with Regicide and Roving Elves. But that may happen one day.

But thanks, I heard Pure Ess is 100k per hour, but thats taking a skill. >.<

I may tan hides as I used to do that myself.

Thanks.

Any other opinions? 25 or 45 def?

Hm, yeah i was being a little far-fetched lol...

Well if you dont want to skill, you can always make 500g granite. Buy 2kg granite for min in ge, then use a chisel on them to break into 4.

Its slow, but you can withdraw 6 at a time, making 24 per invent and you make about 2.3X profit.

Nature spirit for defence then some other quest that'll help you with accessing places (I think you can do fremmy trials or something)

Ok.

On a completely off-topic ..thing..

How much xp does an SC Hammer last via oak planks construction?

Nature spirit for defence then some other quest that'll help you with accessing places (I think you can do fremmy trials or something)

Ok.

On a completely off-topic ..thing..

How much xp does an SC Hammer last via oak planks construction?

They just changed the Tip It Calcs:

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=construction_calc.htm