Piracy vs appreciation

kelem_ryu

Some random thoughts on the topic:

Download and stream whatever you want and if you like the album/movie buy it and put it into your shelf.

We all know that you see something on youtube or wherever. The most convenient step is to just download the piece and look at it in depth. If it turns out to be just some junk you don't care about, oh well. (..delete it you must! well no need to clog up your hdd with it anyway. then again there is this saying sharing is caring. maybe somebody else likes what you got.)

So you got what you wanted for free, why would you waste your limited ressources on paying? Obviously because it's sucky not to.

If i were an artist, i would be very happy if people like what i do, no matter if they pay or not. Where i draw the line is, when people start not paying out of habit or selfishness.

With movies it's a bit silly to get somewhat mediocre copies of the internet, if you could just go to the cinema and get the fullscreen experience. (<--- i'm the silly guy here)

Guess the bottomline is: If you just think: "yeah i got it for free" then you aren't appreciating what you got. if you feel like: "how cool is that, me wants it. awsome there is a torrent. boah cool, look at what i got." it would be fine with me.

Artist who are that greedy, that they want money no matter what suck imo. (If they aren't the kind who are really in need.)

Guess the whole thing is more a problem with movies then with music, because in general movies aren't watched repeatedly.

Maybe i encourage somebody to find a better balance in this matter. Maybe some people have a differnet viewpoint on this.

As jaerkd00d kindly pointed out, there's already a thread on this exact topic. Feel free to add your thoughts to that one.

Locked.

This signature is intentionally left blank.