Dual Monitor w/ Laptop Help

runescapeloser22

I have my laptop, and I just got another external monitor to use as a second monitor. I got it all worked out and got everything set up, but I have a problem. When I close the lid on my laptop, the primary monitor switches over to the external monitor and messes up all my icons and window sizes. I want to be able to leave my computer on but have the laptop closed and the external monitor switched off (with the computer still running), and have everything to stay the same when I open my laptop and turn on the external monitor.

Is this possible? Thanks!

I have my laptop, and I just got another external monitor to use as a second monitor. I got it all worked out and got everything set up, but I have a problem. When I close the lid on my laptop, the primary monitor switches over to the external monitor and messes up all my icons and window sizes. I want to be able to leave my computer on but have the laptop closed and the external monitor switched off (with the computer still running), and have everything to stay the same when I open my laptop and turn on the external monitor.

Is this possible? Thanks!

Try getting the program UltraMon, a setting in that will probably be able to fix it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Oh sorry, I'm using Windows XP SP3. I'll check that program out jaerk.

Open up the Control Panel and select Power Options>Advanced and select from the menu, "when I close the lid of my portable computer," to sleep.
hopesolopatriot.jpg