P/k triangle pixel sig WIP want c/c (UPDATES: 4)

Sy_Accursed

Ok here is my second pixel sig so far:

(Updated x4)

stage37wp.png

I mainly want feedback on the d-hide, as I never done that before

also ideas for a bg welcomed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Clean up ur lines :cry:

Thats 1 thing I generally don't do.

I scan in my linework and reduce size then only clean up major mistakes, then as I shade an area I clean up the lines for it further. Then as a finaly step (that u'll see later) I take out all the lines with colour to achieve an effect muhc like my sig

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Everyone alwasy says about the lines to me, but its the way I work and it does suddenly all come topgether neatly. Also I know they all look 2D atm but thats because I haven't shaded any main body parts yet. My plan atm is to finish sorting the bow and arrow.

then I will get the d-hide and rangers boots done. After that I am gonna do the skins tones all in one go on ranger and mage. Then I am gonna do the warrior. Then I will do the shading on the white bits of the mystic robes as I find white annoying to do. Hopefully will become alot cleaere with next update

Plv6Dz6.jpg

lol I just noticed I missed the point on the stff tht goes behind his hat.

I will update tonight once The ragers clothes r dun.

Stuck at work xp right now, but I did wood effect on bow, the cape trim and the vamps before I left this morning

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Why does everything have to look al 3-d and all. I must say I like the sig you are using now, looking forward to see how this one works out. But indeed the Robin Hood hat looks a bit weird.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I must say I like the sig you are using now

Must say that surprises me, my sig atm was my first ever pixel, it has muscles stead of folds as I was experimenting, the boat in bg is totally messed and his elgs are way too short. If you like that you should like this one as I got proportions right etc this time

I couldn't remeber how it looked so it was a guess, but thansk to a sig on my thread of kinkydave I got a reference so can alter it tonight. I think the main problem is that it is on the head the wrong way round as it is correct for the basic shape, plus the feather needs more work

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I got bored and read back through the comments and I'm sorry but I find it hilarious that misterxman said they look 2D when they have barely got any shading and it is the shading that makes them 3D

Plv6Dz6.jpg

="How2PK"I must say I like the sig you are using now

Must say that surprises me, my sig atm was my first ever pixel, it has muscles stead of folds as I was experimenting, the boat in bg is totally messed and his elgs are way too short. If you like that you should like this one as I got proportions right etc this time

I don't know, maybe it is those little flaws that make me like it. It's special in a way. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

="How2PK"I must say I like the sig you are using now

I don't know, maybe it is those little flaws that make me like it. It's special in a way. :)

lol mebbe it is, but this one featuring 3 of me should be good :)

You got ranger how I wanna be (but crystal bow when i have cash) warrior how I am when not i barrows and my mage dude

Plv6Dz6.jpg

UPDATED - new version got altered rangers hat (althouhg that may need further work)

altered bow and arrow slihgtly from last night and done the vamps and body in black d-hide

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I got bored and read back through the comments and I'm sorry but I find it hilarious that misterxman said they look 2D when they have barely got any shading and it is the shading that makes them 3D

You asked for comments so I gave you comments to help you. Lineart can look 3D if done correctly. Shading doesn't necessarily mean that it will fool the eye into thinking it's 3D.

Well what made them look 2D to my eye is that there is no depth made by your lineart. I'll take the mystic mage as the example. The distance between it's right edge to the yellow area and the distance from the left edge to the yellow area are the same which means the character is supposedly facing the view in the front without any angle. However, because the character is tilted and seems to be looking to the left, his body does not follow the supposed position. In real life if you're at an angled view, one of the sides will be shorter and the other longer since it is showing also the surface of the side of the body.

cc3nv.png

As you can see from the picture, the red and blue lines equal in length when they shouldn't if the character is supposed to be 3D like you're aiming to do.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

You asked for comments so I gave you comments to help you. Lineart can look 3D if done correctly. Shading doesn't necessarily mean that it will fool the eye into thinking it's 3D.

Well what made them look 2D to my eye is that there is no depth made by your lineart. I'll take the mystic mage as the example. The distance between it's right edge to the yellow area and the distance from the left edge to the yellow area are the same which means the character is supposedly facing the view in the front without any angle. However, because the character is tilted and seems to be looking to the left, his body does not follow the supposed position. In real life if you're at an angled view, one of the sides will be shorter and the other longer since it is showing also the surface of the side of the body.

cc3nv.png

As you can see from the picture, the red and blue lines equal in length when they shouldn't if the character is supposed to be 3D like you're aiming to do.

aaaah, Iget what you mean now, I don;t think that apples to the other 2 as their bodies are facing straight on, or really close. I'll thickened the left yellow bit and bring the side bit in to make it right

Plv6Dz6.jpg

ok updated again, think this update has the altered mage on it

the d-hide legs did get slihglty altered juts after upload, but notnhing major

Plv6Dz6.jpg