So what's changed in the last couple years?

zubeedoo

So I'm sort of bored atm, figured I'd look back into RS, I'm f2p, always have been and always will be, and I'm curious as to what changes the game has seen since I quit 3 years ago. First and foremost I want to make some money, without resorting to selling my green h'ween mask (worked my [wagon] off for that thing an I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to sell it :P) I have the ability to mine runeite, would that be the best way to go about pulling some cash? Are there better ways to make money for an F2Per?

Also if anyone here actually remembers me say hi, I'd be very interested indeed to see if anyone I played with back in the day still log on ^_^

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

So I'm sort of bored atm, figured I'd look back into RS, I'm f2p, always have been and always will be, and I'm curious as to what changes the game has seen since I quit 3 years ago. First and foremost I want to make some money, without resorting to selling my green h'ween mask (worked my [wagon] off for that thing an I'll be damned if I'm gonna have to sell it :P) I have the ability to mine runeite, would that be the best way to go about pulling some cash? Are there better ways to make money for an F2Per?

Also if anyone here actually remembers me say hi, I'd be very interested indeed to see if anyone I played with back in the day still log on ^_^

F2P has a couple of minigames now: Fist of Guthix and Great Orb Project. The former is combat-based, and the latter is built around runecrafting. The other big change is PvP. Pking in the wilderness is gone, but there are now worlds where you can pk anywhere. Oh and the air altar has moved to southwest of Varrock, in case that interests you.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

The grand exchange perhaps.

You can now invest in some corrupt dragon armor in F2P. However, it will disappear after a certain amount of time and looks decrepit.

There is a new skill in the works, which has been confirmed by Jagex as an F2P and P2P skill. It's been rumored to be released sometime in the first quarter of 2010: most likely around the release of Stellar Dawn.

Which brings me to Stellar Dawn, Jagex' second MMO. Clicking my signature's picture will send you to the first Fan Site for Stellar Dawn. There are a lot of interesting topics on their forum, and a lot of gathered information about the game, including interviews with Jagex confirming game mechanics.

Stellar Dawn was originally Codenamed Mechscape, however with a little snooping around the Billing Page's html and checking the Java Applet it has been found to be called Stellar Dawn.

Stellactic.gif