Change 0's and o's in RS names!!

Corrupted_One

Please support my idea on Runescape official forums under suggestions topic title: Change 0s and os!! please!!

heres my idea:

PLEASE jagex change the look of zeros and o's

they both look like 0 in a name.

This puts fellow stakers at a disadvantage because if someone has the name o0 00 o o o0 you will never know how to say his name because it will look like 00 00 0 0 00

This is also just as bad when your trying to report..

I was just cussed out by a level 48 named 0 00 0 00 or something like that I had no idea where the letters and numbers were so I could not report him.

please change this jagex it desperately needs changed! Please post if you agree!

ah u dont like getting owned?

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i think they already made it so that you can't make a name like that anymore, but don't quote me on it.

the names that are already out there like do need to be changed as it is against the rules to have a confusing name.

Please support my idea on Runescape official forums under suggestions topic title: Change 0s and os!! please!!

heres my idea:

PLEASE jagex change the look of zeros and o's

they both look like 0 in a name.

This puts fellow stakers at a disadvantage because if someone has the name o0 00 o o o0 you will never know how to say his name because it will look like 00 00 0 0 00

This is also just as bad when your trying to report..

I was just cussed out by a level 48 named 0 00 0 00 or something like that I had no idea where the letters and numbers were so I could not report him.

please change this jagex it desperately needs changed! Please post if you agree!

thatd be cool i guess but, 0's(the #) should look similar to this character ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâ but keep it as tall a a 0 and slash going the other way like in type writers

There is a simple solution to your problem.

Don't duel them.

If everybody refuses to duel them, eventually they will either quit, or find some way to get their name changed.

I personally just wouldn't deal with them at all. I would put them on my ignore list and leave them there forever.

Nobody forces you to duel/trade/listen to them. It is all your choice. If they turn into a problem, you have only asked for it yourself by having anything to do with them in the first place.

Don't duel them.

If everybody refuses to duel them, eventually they will either quit, or find some way to get their name changed.

I personally just wouldn't deal with them at all. I would put them on my ignore list and leave them there forever.

Nobody forces you to duel/trade/listen to them. It is all your choice. If they turn into a problem, you have only asked for it yourself by having anything to do with them in the first place.

Easy to find their stats still, just add them (when they talk), log out, log in, and check friends highscores.

I do agree that the names are insanely annoying, and do need to be changed. A while back, I remember jagex changed the look of a capital "I" so it would differ from a lowercase "L".

A change such as this can only be beneficial.

Don't duel them.

Easy to find their stats still, just add them (when they talk), log out, log in, and check friends highscores.

I do agree that the names are insanely annoying, and do need to be changed. A while back, I remember jagex changed the look of a capital "I" so it would differ from a lowercase "L".

A change such as this can only be beneficial.

yeah i remember that, people thought it was funny to say iol and it just looked like lol... made ppl very annoyed.

i think this needs to be changed as well, cause i hate it when they just badmouth people for no reason. Then again, maybe the zero's should look like 0, and the o's O. I remember meeting one who didnt quite get the hang of the name thing :P his name was 0o 0o0o 0 :lol:

newsigvq3.png

My first ever sig wewt! (worst face ftw?)

Wish me luck with the fire cape ;)

Sorry, I'm confused. I understand why this makes it difficult to report someone, by why does a players name matter when dueling or staking?

lpinkus

Their name appears as 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 0 and you can't tell which are O and which are 0,and don't say add them then check personal highscores because you have to log out to update who is on your personal highscores.

3hitssigfw3.png

Sorry, I'm confused. I understand why this makes it difficult to report someone, by why does a players name matter when dueling or staking?

lpinkus

Their name appears as 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 0 and you can't tell which are O and which are 0,and don't say add them then check personal highscores because you have to log out to update who is on your personal highscores.

I've never had to log out of RS to update the highscores :oops:

I think you might mean log out of your personal highscores? :oops:

:: Virtualdevil :: - 99 Att - 99 Str - 99 Def - 99 HP - 99 Mage - 125 Cmb

gotsol wrote:

ah u dont like getting owned?

==========================

No you can't fucin report them so they like to mouth off a lot

==============================

people like you ruin runescape, you report people for every little thing they do and make people get ban, just cuz u want to be a mod dont go around reporting people dam, you dont have to report people just block them

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

lpinkus

A name of o0 00 o o0 would appear as 00 00 0 00. You can't look them up in the highscores without adding them to friends and logging out, so it gets annoying.