Valkyrie Assault Carrier

Zonorhc

A short introduction.

Now that's over with, I present to you 01 - Sleipnir, the first Valkyrie Assault Carrier I have completed for the Imperial Guardsmen of the 1st Bisonian Mechanised. The Valkyrie is a rapid response gunship designed to transport a squad of Imperial Guardsmen and provide supporting fire once they are on the ground. Sleipnir carries a squad of tank hunters to where their powerful meltaguns can deal the most damage to enemy armour, while the gunship's multilaser and rocket pods harass enemy infantry and keep them away from the Bisonians.

This is the gunship just after priming, and after I finished painting the cockpit interior:

dsc0215k.jpg

After the initial colour application:

dsc0216p.jpg

The finished Valkyrie:

dsc0315g.jpg

And a top-down view to give you a look at the engines and wing surfaces:

dsc0314.jpg

Finally, the Valkyrie with its rear hatch open as the squad disembarks:

dsc0316v.jpg

The Valkyrie took me a long time to finish assembling and painting, due to study and work commitments getting in the way. Now that it's finished, comments are greatly appreciated!

Yeah i agree, i would also have done at least another coat of the red to get rid of the streaks. I really should get back to painting all my stuff, never use it anymore, it's all in storage, but i enjoy the artistic side of it :)

I also reckon the figurines look heaps better with a bit of terrain on the bases, even if it's just sand.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Yeah i agree, i would also have done at least another coat of the red to get rid of the streaks. I really should get back to painting all my stuff, never use it anymore, it's all in storage, but i enjoy the artistic side of it :)

I also reckon the figurines look heaps better with a bit of terrain on the bases, even if it's just sand.

The streaks and the scuffed paint are part of the weathering. I'm also thinking of adding more hit grazes to the nose, like what I've already got on the wings, and maybe some dirt on the edge of the passenger hatch. Also note the scorched paint just aft of the engines. It's not very clear on the photo, but there is rust on the landing gear as well. I might just add some mud splashes on the underside, though, now that you mention it.

The bases, I'm getting to. I should have based them before painting, which is what I'm doing now with my freshly built models, but I am also putting sand on the bases of the older models and giving that a lick of paint.