Monty's Tormented Demons Guide

Estoc

Welcome to my guide for tormented demons. There's probably better guides out there, but I'm gonna throw this one out there, and see if I can't help SOMEONE get some claws or something. Anyway...tormented demons are lots of things. They're decent money, even if you don't get claws. And if you do, well, they're great money! They're also a great source of summoning charms. Yea they're great, now let's move on.

[spoiler=1.The Setup]

I. Armor

Ok, we'll start off with what to wear while fighting tormented demons. You can bring more expensive things like verac's helmet and karil's top, but I find this generally works just as well. Plus, if you die you don't lost 10m+ Of course I'm maxed melee and range, so it might be different for those with lower levels. My best advice is to see what works for you.

armoro.png

Helmet: Verac's helmet > Helm of Neitznot > Other barrows helmet

Cape: Skillcape (t) > Skillcape/obsidian cape > Ava's Accumulator

Necklace: Fury > Glory

Ammo: Ammunition for whatever weapon you're using

Ranged Weapon: Rune crossbow > Crystal bow > Magic shortbow

Melee Weapon: **Saradomin godsword > Any other godsword > Abyssal whip

Special Weapon: Dragon halberd > Dragon dagger > Enhanced Excalibur

Body: Armadyl chestplate > Karil's leathertop > Black dragonhide body

*Shield: Dragonfire shield > Dragon Square Shield > Granite shield

Legs: Armadyl Plateskirt > Verac's Plateskirt > Other barrows legs

Gloves: Barrows gloves > Dragon gloves > Rune gloves

Boots: Dragon boots > Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots

Ring: Ring of wealth > Fremennik ring of your choice > Ring of life

* If you're using a godsword the shield gets in the way since you'll only be using it with the crossbow. Up to you if you want to deal with putting it on all the time. If you're using whip too it might be worth it though.

** If you bring a Saradomin godsword don't bring a special attack weapon.

II. Inventory

Basically you have 2 choices. If you're below 79/88 summoning, you're stuck with a beast of burden full of sharks. If you're 79 summon you can use the titans, but their healing is unreliable. They don't always have that full spec bar when you need it. The unicorn is great here, you can pretty much survive off of it alone, along with 2 brews for backup in case of problems. Your choice if you want to bring the super attack and strength or just extra prayer pots with the unicorn/titan inventory.

Beast of burden inventory:

invy2.png

Healing familiar inventory:

invy.png

Beast of burden should be full of sharks.

[spoiler=2. Getting There]

You know the big cave thing from the quest? After the sparkly light creatures? Yea, go down there. Past the sparkly light creatures. Past the big scary black chasm. Past the big skull rocks. And just a liiiitle bit past the huge stone table. You'll be at a place like this.

tdentrancerock.png

See that rock? Stand where I'm standing, and they can't touch you. At least not too much, you might get thrown a random fireball from one of the demons, but that's pretty much it. Drink your super attack and strength here, or anything else you wish to.

After your feeling absolutely super, you have a choice to make. There are 3 spots to choose from, each with their own pros and cons.

3. Luring

No, one of the spots is not next to the stone of Jas where you make a glorious last stand against a horde of demons. The spots are as follows:

North spot:

Pros:

*As far as I know only 1 demon can attack you at all at a time. No second one shooting at you.

Cons:

*Usually there are people there already.

Pillars:

Pros:

*Usually empty

*2 different spots to fight from in case of being piled.

Cons:

*Get piled often unless there are people in the other spots drawing the demons away from you.

South spot:

Pros:

*Isn't in as high demand as north spot.

*2 demons at most will be after you.

Cons:

Pretty much always have a second demon on you.

[spoiler=Pillars]

This is the spot I used when I started killing them. It's decent, but you'll probably get piled a lot. Unless of course if there's someone in the north spot who has the other demons' attention already, in which case it's good. Luring isn't much of an issue here either, since they basically follow you right into position. You may need to move south a bit to shake them lose since they sometimes get stuck on the north wall though.

safespots.png

The left picture is where you do NOT want to be. You can however use it to halberd it without risk of another demon seeing you, but it's very slow, and you still need to use darklight to take down it's shield.

The picture on the right is Where you'll stand between spawns. You're completely invisible unless one is already following you.

tdpillarspot.png

There's actually 2 spots to fight from here, which one you choose will depend on a couple of things.

tdsafespots.png

The blue spot is the spot you'll probably start out at. The main demon you'll be killing spawns right in front of it. The only downside is sometimes it's a bit tricky to use healing familiars here. They don't seem to like that you're 1 space away from them. In order to heal you have to call it so it's under the demon, but it can be tiresome after a while. The red spot doesn't suffer from the inability to use healing familiars easily, but there's no demon that spawns close. The only time you'll be using this one is if one wanders over. Note: The demons sometimes go around the pillars and will attack you 2 at a time. This can happen in either spot. One of the reasons this spot is not my favorite.

tdsafespot2.png

If you do get piled in the blue spot there is hope, but it means going out in the open, which can sometimes catch the attention of wandering demons to the east and south. If you stand here, the eastern demon can't attack you.

[spoiler=South Spot]

This is the spot I usually use. You don't really have to deal with getting jumped by 2 or 3 demons, and usually there's nobody there.

1. You start here.

2. Just run out in the open in a berserker charge so he sees you. I don't care what you have to call his mom just get him to follow you.

3. Head as far as you can into this crevice here. He should come close and start shooting fireballs at you. If not see the next picture for what to do if he just sits there.

4. Run 1 step north of your relatively safe spot so he comes as far as he can towards you. He used to do this automatically but rune tek 5 update or something makes him a little hesitant.

5. Run 1 step east of step 4 and start hackin away.

6. Profit! Both as a joke and literally.

luring1.png

Now, sometimes Mr. Demon will just move to somewhere around that blue circle and laugh while he throws fireballs and some weird spiky thing at you. You're probably like "oh noes!" but there is hope! Simply follow these steps.

1. You're probably here already wondering why he's not coming. So yea.

2. Run north 2 spaces.

3. He should have moved a little closer to you, in order to keep attacking. Move back inside the crevice and he should follow you.

4. Just lure him normally now.

luring2.png

No idea why the video quality is so crappy, oh well, you can see what I'm doing can you not?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&hl=en&ap=%2526fmt%3D18">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&hl=en&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

First half of the video is how to lure them normally. Second half is what to do if it won't come towards you any more.

You should end up with him being here:

theline.png

A note on the big scary red line of death. I'm fairly certain that's the limit on the range of the demon who lives to the east of here. When your demon dies, that is also where you'll have to cross to get your shiny set of fighting claws. So be wary, don't cross the line if the east demon is close.

"Hey Monty, what happens if another demon comes up behind the one I'm fighting and starts shooting fireballs of death at me?"

Well, sooner or later another demon will attack you. This is normal, and it will only happen with one demon if you're luring and killing them correctly. Lure the second one like this:

luring3.png

It should end up stuck and not able to follow you when you go south to fight the one you were fighting before. The only thing it'll do is use an area effect magic attack every once in a while, nothing to worry about. This is the only demon that should be attacking you at all besides the one you're currently fighting.

[spoiler=4. The Fight]

Now, fighting tormented demons isn't just point>click>kill like most of runescape monsters are. Well, it's still point and click, but you need to constantly switch between your inventory and prayers. Which makes for hectic fights compared to kill the King Black Dragon for example. A couple of things will maximize your efficiency here, and allow you to kill more demons. And everyone knows, the only good demon is a dead demon.

I. Take down the shield.

Well, this is obvious really. If it's shield is up your max hit is SEVERELY limited. So take it down. To accomplish this feat, simply do damage with darklight. Every once in a while the shield will come down as you hit a 0 with darklight or with a normal weapon, but I wouldn't count on this. They spawn with melee prayer up, so shoot a couple of bolts/arrows/whatever . After you do about 8 damage he'll switch prayers. You will then proceed to hit him with darklight until you get a message in the chatbox saying it's shield is down, or see a red splat. After that just kill him as you would a normal monster, switching weapons as required of course. After a while he'll bring up his shield again. Just do the same as before and you'll be fine.

II. Use f keys.

They help a lot. I mean it. They turn you from a fumbling fool trying to click on your prayer menu but accidentally tellying to a demon killing GOD. F1 for inventory F3 for prayers.

III. If the demon roars, switch prayers.

About once every 8 or so attacks the demon will lean back and roar. It looks like this:

roar.png

Basically, his next attack will be different. ALWAYS switch prayers when he roars. If you're in melee range, which you should be, it can be any of the 3 attack styles. There is a strategy even to this however. Basically we have a "threat list".

Magic>Ranged>Melee

Always switch to the most dangerous attack style. So if he's using range, and he roars, you're going to want to switch to magic. Magic is used more then range, plus magic prayer protects you from the special splash effect magical attack that they usually use along with whatever they switch to. Ranged is used less then magic, but is more dangerous then melee. This isn't a concrete "do it or die" rule, but I find it helps a lot.

And that's all there is to it. Now go make me proud and get some claws. Or an armor piece....Or even a rune mace. Just don't die. Then they'll blame me.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the demons who were felled in my quest for riches and a greater understanding in how to effectively end their miserable existence.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I love you <3:

I've been looking for a written guide with a video of a working lure at that spot ever since I completed WGS a few months back.

I'll have to stock up on food and try this.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Nice guide, showed me what I wanted to know for luring since this Runetek update (I used to use this spot, then another spot, and thne runetek5 came out and messed up the last one). I would suggest using just black d'hide chaps though. You can perfectly survive with them too, they give some extra range bonus, and they are ultra cheap. Welfaring TDS ftw :-).