Lagging Issue

Leoo

Recently I had the urge to return back to RuneScape, but I'm suffering from bad lag all of the sudden. When I quitted RuneScape in the summer, I had near enough no lag at all but now I can't even play anymore even if I wanted to.

My internet connection is fine and so is my graphics card (graphic's card doesn't seem to matter though as I lag more in standard detail).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Recently I had the urge to return back to RuneScape, but I'm suffering from bad lag all of the sudden. When I quitted RuneScape in the summer, I had near enough no lag at all but now I can't even play anymore even if I wanted to.

My internet connection is fine and so is my graphics card (graphic's card doesn't seem to matter though as I lag more in standard detail).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

What's the ping of the world you're playing in (check the world list, it's at the right)

I actually just used the auto-logging feature (picks a world for you randomly). I'll have a look at some other worlds to see if they also lag just as bad (I'm F2P at the moment, so I don't normally go on a F2P world).

It could be because your computer is re-storing all the graphics back on your graphics card

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Try doing a virus and spyware scan. You could have spyware and viruses bogging down your computer.

My anti-virus computer does tons of scans throughout the day and I'm clean from viruses as far as I know.

It could be because your computer is re-storing all the graphics back on your graphics card

This.

When I came back from my most recent Runescape hiatus I experienced this as well and was "lagging", even though my connection was fine.

When you scroll through your bank, do some items take longer to appears than others? You could already be past this.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much. If it persists for like 2 to 3 days then I'd say you have a larger problem.

I may put something here eventually.

When you scroll through your bank, do some items take longer to appears than others? You could already be past this.

They all appear straight away and I'll guess I'll just give it a few days to see if anything improves :)

EDIT: I've found the problem. It was the adverts in F2P that was causing the lag.

They all appear straight away and I'll guess I'll just give it a few days to see if anything improves :)

EDIT: I've found the problem. It was the adverts in F2P that was causing the lag.

Ahhhh, the whole F2P adverts, gotta love them

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png