Dark Beast's Magic attack

SirIzenhime

Well, I just got my first Dark Beast task, and was just wondering how strong/accurate is the Magic atk on Dark beasts if I were to wear Armadyl.

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to range as many tasks as I can, and If a Bunyip/Unicorn + Excalibur would be able to keep up with it's magic attack, that would be great.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

When using barrows armor to fight them without prayer, the dark beast hardly used their mage attack. And even then, the damage was minimal. I'd imagine the mage attack will not be the main thing damaging you if you're ranging dark beasts.

The way dark beasts work to my knowledge is if you fight them face to face, they only melee, but if you range/mage them from a distance they'll shoot mage at you. If I range them from a safe spot, their mage is the ONLY thing dammaging me. Is their mage attack too strong/accurate to be worth trying to tank it with a unicorn?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Idk how hard, but if you're the first to attack them they use their magic attack. This is why when people cannon it is suggested to wear hides or pray magic. And seeing as they have such high of a defense it probably be better to just melee them or cannon if you can.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Just pray mage and attack from a distance, or use the Rune Rock for a safespot.

well I'm using Kuradals Dungeon.

So I can't cannon them. I'm trying them out right now, I find tanking their melee with a unicorn is working well enough.

Idk how hard, but if you're the first to attack them they use their magic attack. This is why when people cannon it is suggested to wear hides or pray magic. And seeing as they have such high of a defense it probably be better to just melee them or cannon if you can.

As for this, if you're the first to attack, they only use their magic atk once, the max they've hit using that is an 8 so far for me.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

well I'm using Kuradals Dungeon.

So I can't cannon them. I'm trying them out right now, I find tanking their melee with a unicorn is working well enough.

As for this, if you're the first to attack, they only use their magic atk once, the max they've hit using that is an 8 so far for me.

Yeah it's an 8 but it's pretty annoying when you are using overloads and are hovering at 40 hp and you have it a few times in a row (they always seem to hit me with it)