Old pixel sig

Sereth

Just joined up here and saw lots of good pixelers so I was wondering if I could possibly get some tips on how to make it better.

knight1gh.png

Things I've already noticed about it.

-His body is slightly odd.

-Bodies are dispoportional.

-Shading is a bit off.

208zdpy.jpg

Well you got potential I can tell ya that much.

- Your Shading:

- Do not pillow shade. You may be asking yourself, "What is pillow shading?" Pillow shading is when one starts with the lightest color in the middle and goes to the darkest outwards, this is a no no. You want to give the armour a real feel, add some distinct highlights like maybe the moon light is bouncing off of it.

- Your linerat

- Needs development, don't see how he can hold that monstrosity of a sword up with those tweeny arms. Not to mention, don't take armour as a skin tight, superman like suit. So a definite on armour is drawing the muscles coming through unless the armour is designed that way, kind of like an old greek style armour. In greek style armour they had it so the nice six pack of tough abs were made into the armour.

- Your Background

- Well it's not bad, but could still use a lot of work. Such as texture on the grass, water, and other things. True these are far in the distance but you would still be able to get a hint of the. Also when it come to the night sky, try and vary in your star size and color. Not all of them are the same.

- Your use of blood

- Ok this is just a quick one, on tip.it they do not like an exorbitant amount of blood to be used. So tone it down when it comes to your next sig, otherwise whoever has one of your sigs won't be able to use it when you make it for them or one you made for yourself will not be usable due to the amount of blood. A little is ok, a lot is a no no.

Closing Notes:

You've got potential and you seemed to actually try on this first sig of yours, something you do not see by other beginning pixel artists. They think they come into the game without any practice and throw something up and call it ok. Uh huh, keep trying and put effort into your sigs. In the end even if it's not the best you'll know that you've tried your hardest, and you can ask many of the experienced pixelers on tip.it to crit it for you and help you out. We're always willing to help. Keep it up man.