CSS calendar layout

____

Hey everyone.

I've been attempting to make a div-based calendar for work but so far it has been failing all over the place. I haven't had to use HTML/CSS for a long time so I'm rusty as hell. If anyone has some good sources (don't link me to 960 please) it would be appreciated.

Basically I have a main background image that is set to .6 opacity, then I want to have overlaying tiles for the dates which are mostly transparent, and then text in those which are solid. So far all the resources I have found dealing with the opacity issue haven't worked as expected (the text is inheriting the opacity of the parent). And the layout is dying on me so nothing wants to float/clear correctly.

From memory they aren't that much different to a 3 column page with a header+footer but how it is being implemented doesn't seem to be working, so there might me something I'm missing with dealing with multiple div clearing and float. Wrap each row of div elements in another div maybes? Seems like excess code but I'm starting to think it will be easier.

Edit: http://darkwebz.com/stoxpoker/calendar/new/calendar.html

Best if you use Google Chrome since I don't have the CSS full of hacks for multi browser,s etc as when I need to post it for work I'll be screen shotting it off my local machine.. so.

To combat optacy inheritence I believe simply setting optacy of the child should overwrite it.

If not there is a code in CSS that tells a box how to inherit whihc u can use as a override

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yea.

I was setting the text opacity in the css but it wasn't being applied. So I may have to check I did it right, or disable the child inheritance.. either way it isn't my biggest concern for the time being - thanks anyways Paw_Claw :)

Your description of the other issues was a big vague and confusing.

I'm guessing you mean the divs aren't going where you want them too, the fastest way to solve this as far as I know would be to make you are using position absolute and precise values, so they are place them selves in relation to the top left corner.

And issues with whats over top of what would be solved by using z-index

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

bumpity!

Check the first post again for "progress" :lol:

Long story short.. I've been asking around and people seem to think it is still a bit square.. I don't want to add background images to make rounded corners, etc. but I'm not sure what I can possibly do to make it look less block without it :-\

Suggestions anyone?