Question about slayer

belgam18

hi all.

I just maxed out my melee stats but still a long way till 99 slay (95 atm).

Since im only 86 ranged and I have a full slayer helm, I wanted to range most off my coming tasks.

Now here is the question: what should i use?

broad bolts or knives?

i wanted to use broad bolts, friend off me (who has 99) said knifes would be faster..

thx in advance,

belgam18

Belgam18.png

nonono mithril knives will beat broad bolts on almost any task. Only use broad bolts on things like dragons that have high defense. Hitting 8 10s is better then 2 30s.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

nonono mithril knives will beat broad bolts on almost any task. Only use broad bolts on things like dragons that have high defense. Hitting 8 10s is better then 2 30s.

oke thx

I just tsarted my first task with ranging.. thats slow.. :shock:

maybe its better to continue melee and with the time i win make money to buy red chins?

greetz

Belgam18.png

in my experience its generally faster, what task did you have?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Tzhaars..

The broad bolts hit like 36 potted and with prayer at my lvl (not that im praying all the time). but the time it takes to position yourself, the respawntime to get a good monster (not one that wanders away),.. i loose lots of time..

Belgam18.png

Tzhaars..

The broad bolts hit like 36 potted and with prayer at my lvl (not that im praying all the time). but the time it takes to position yourself, the respawntime to get a good monster (not one that wanders away),.. i loose lots of time..

I've been range slaying lately and just said screw it to safe spotting unless it's black demons or something. Most of the monsters don't hit very hard anyway, especially since you have 99 def

yes.png

Tzhaars..

I've been range slaying lately and just said screw it to safe spotting unless it's black demons or something. Most of the monsters don't hit very hard anyway, especially since you have 99 def

Well i didn't think off that..

99 defence and almost got the charms for 88 summoning..

then it doesnt go that much slower then just melee right? how much range xp do you average per hour?

thx

Belgam18.png

Well i didn't think off that..

99 defence and almost got the charms for 88 summoning..

then it doesnt go that much slower then just melee right? how much range xp do you average per hour?

thx

Depends on the task, I use a cannon when viable too so tasks like black demons get me lots of exp. It's not too bad, but it's definitely far from the fastest way to train range

yes.png

oke thx!

so i gonna buy me some knives for most task, broad bolts for the high def tasks.

Don't safe spot unless at black demons and use bunyip or stallion to dont die.

Use cannon at places were I can!

thx alot :-)

There are some other tasks you might want to safe spot, although none come to mind but you can decide that when you get to them. Personally I've never used knives, but maybe they're better.

Void is really nice too if you have it, except for monsters that require special head armour

yes.png

oke thx!

so i gonna buy me some knives for most task, broad bolts for the high def tasks.

Don't safe spot unless at black demons and use bunyip or stallion to dont die.

Use cannon at places were I can!

thx alot :-)

There are some other tasks you might want to safe spot, although none come to mind but you can decide that when you get to them. Personally I've never used knives, but maybe they're better.

Void is really nice too if you have it, except for monsters that require special head armour

I do have void. But i thought that arma chest and legs + full slayer helmet would be better..

haven't really tried it so far..

Belgam18.png

Robinhoodie has an amazing guide in the archive of wisdom for range slaying.

It's a little out of date but still very useful.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Don't forget you can also mage some tasks if you like.

Don't forget to use Kuradal's dungeon when you can. Ranging in there is awesome. But some tasks are probably better to continue to melee then bother to range.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Currently, full slayer helm doesn't give a boost against monsters which, although they may be assigned as your task, do not need a slayer level to kill. These would include tzhaar. Unless jagex fixed this today, you'd be better off with nezzy helm if praying 10% range, or robin/arma helm.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Depends on your task. For example, you'd obviously not want to use knives on Mithril Dragons, while Broad Bolts on Dust Devils is wasteful.