Gear change?

skylor12344

Ok so im current working on 99 defence and im 2 lvls from my goal. However, my current setup seems to be fairly bad now with the new hp updates im getting hit more. My question is what changes should i make to my armor in order to be more affective in training.

Current Setup:

Slayer Helm

Glory

Ardy Cape 3 / Obby cape

Torso

Verac Skirt

Dragon boots

Barrows Gloves

Whip

Rune Defender / Obby shield

FR / Warrior / Slayer / Wealth (just depends on the situation)

I have about 12m max i can spend on gear changes and while i can afford it i would perfer NOT to buy the fury until it stabilizes again.

EDIT: I also dont plan on making the "Full Slayer Helm" as i dont Mage or Range tasks. I will also be using this setup for 90 attack and possibly 99 str.

Looks good to me except for the torso. Swap for a dharok/torag plate (I'm pretty sure the bonuses are the same).

Once you get 99 defence, switch obby cape for defence cape (t) since it's slightly better.

Also, I recommend doing summer's end for the blessed spirit shield. It pwns the obby shield.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Same opinion as the above poster. Change torso for torag plate. Honestly it owns :)

Also keep with the rune defender for everything.

If you're really getting hit that badly then drink some super defence potion ;)

There have been times where I've had to humble and use it, so do it :)

Also if it's an easy task that you know you can do quick like hellhounds, gargs or something why not pop on prosy and piety them? And if you find it troublesome then just add in a super defence pot.

Also yes switch to the def cape (t) as it has a +4 prayer bonus and is like 200K or so cheaper than obby.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

well i dont use piety or protect prays unless i have to or have spare p pots because i cant afford it.

Ah well :) still take a super defence pot with you if you feel you'll have trouble with something.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

what about the EE? does it give less or more of a def boost than super pot?

I think it gives less. I think it's a normal one *feels bad as he doesn't have one* but yea. I think it's a normal pot. But use it instead of a super if you wish and see how it goes?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

with 97 def i've never had any trouble with that setup using bunyip+EE for healing.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

with 97 def i've never had any trouble with that setup using bunyip+EE for healing.

Yes but you have 91 in both attack and defence which if you super pot is atleast level 110 in each ;) so you kill things quicker than either myself and the topic poster

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Yes but you have 91 in both attack and defence which if you super pot is atleast level 110 in each ;) so you kill things quicker than either myself and the topic poster

Killing faster doesn't change how much damage you take unless it's a monster that you have to wait for a respawn -- you just get more kills in the time you take as much damage as someone else.

As for the original topic, switch out torso for Torag's/Guthan's Plate, use super defence pots, and Enhanced Excalibur. It doesn't give as much defence as a super defence potion, but it's 200 hp (I still use hp out of reflex) every 5 minutes. All of that adds up.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Glory -> Fury

Ardougne -> Fire Cape/Soulwars Cape

Rune Defender/Obby Shield -> Rune Defender/Rune Defender

Fighter Torso -> Proselyte + Prayer Potions

Warrior -> Berserker

Buy a Zamorakian Spear and Karils, as well as a cannon and some cannonballs.

Glory -> Fury

Ardougne -> Fire Cape/Soulwars Cape

Rune Defender/Obby Shield -> Rune Defender/Rune Defender

Fighter Torso -> Proselyte + Prayer Potions

Warrior -> Berserker

Buy a Zamorakian Spear and Karils, as well as a cannon and some cannonballs.

well i have a z spear but i've honestly found karils useless since ur only sacrificing melee stats for mage defence. I choose NOT to cannon even though i know it increases the speed of ur tasks i never seem to profit and i cant afford to lose on tasks.

everything else i've looked into

I only have one thing to add to all of the above.

Always train super potted. Always super potted don't ever go any way else. Unless you kill NPC's like chickens, which I highly doubt.

It just speeds up your training, ang going to any 99 it does add up a lot.

Purekilljoy.png

Always train super potted. Always super potted don't ever go any way else. Unless you kill NPC's like chickens, which I highly doubt.

Pure here has a point. there's always a debate though when to pot so it's not a "waste". I'd say between 5 and 3 levels from being back to normal. Eg for me i'll repot betweel 88 and 90 in my melee stats.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Pure here has a point. there's always a debate though when to pot so it's not a "waste". I'd say between 5 and 3 levels from being back to normal. Eg for me i'll repot betweel 88 and 90 in my melee stats.

Or if you don't mind burning through money more quickly (some people do, but I don't), you can repot every 5 minutes. I do that to get the most out of each spec, which is important when you use SGS for specs, but if you don't, then pot just about any time. Just figure out how much you're willing to spend on pots for training and let that decide for you.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Or if you don't mind burning through money more quickly (some people do, but I don't), you can repot every 5 minutes. I do that to get the most out of each spec, which is important when you use SGS for specs, but if you don't, then pot just about any time. Just figure out how much you're willing to spend on pots for training and let that decide for you.

Ooooooor :P Decide if you want to make slayer a pretty self sufficient skill and get your herblore. This way you're spending little money for pots that'll cost roughly the same as the herbs (eg prayer..... when ranarr is 15K so is prayer pot)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png