Your Woodcutting Xp Rates

Codguy

Alright, so I'm invested in finding the fastest xp/hour with Woodcutting. Normally, people would recommend Ivy, or Sawmill if you feel like concentrating. HOWEVER, I am not looking for recommendations.

So, I'm interested in if you have ever timed yourself Woodcutting. And I mean, really timing yourself, for at least 30 minutes to find an xp/hour rate. An hour is best, fully concentrated, if you've done it before.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide, on average, if Ivy, Sawmill, or Teaks is the best.

I did 90-99 WC with Ivy, and with decent attention, I noticed roughly 75-80k xp/hour. Sometimes I could see it spiking more than that, however, I have some doubts about the average versus max experience per hour with Ivy. Since you cut the ivy at a similar pace to Yews (little faster, obviously), but with a ton of experience, it's a bit more random. As I recall, it's roughly, what... 4 game ticks between each log is possible, at the fastest. So, normally, Ivy is cut slower than this, but it CAN be cut within 2.4 seconds or so from the last Ivy being cut. So this means, if you happen to get lucky, you could get well over 100k xp/hour, but then the next hour, being unlucky, could get you 60k xp/hour. Potentially, if you can cut it every 2.4 seconds, that means that the max xp/hour would be about 498,750 xp/hour without lumberjack. So, that just shows, Ivy won't give constant experience, it'll vary some. So your average and your max will be different.

Then there's the Sawmill. I was testing out a few things there at 96 Woodcutting, and I didn't actually time myself very well there, as I was only going to be there for no more than a few minutes really. However, I tested how long it takes to complete a task, and figured out all the experience from what I did, and at about max speed, I calculated roughly 80k xp/hour. Now, this could vary a bit obviously, and it wasn't that accurate. However, I felt as if it'd be extremely difficult to get over 90k xp/hour there, at any level. Maybe 99 could just barely hit it? I don't know.

And finally, teaks. Remember when everyone that wanted to get fast experience went and cut these? Well, guess what, they're still really fast. I just did a complete hour timed at Teaks today, and I'm impressed. In exactly one hour, with Lumberjack, Fire Ring and Flame Gloves, as well as an ADZE, with WC cape boost and Beaver familiars, at obviously 99 WC, I got 93,110 Woodcutting experience. This came out to be 37,137 FM xp as well, for a total of 130,247 experience in an hour. This was also 1,069 Teak Logs, 337 of which were burned by the ADZE for a 31.5% burn rate (in case anyone is interested).

tl;dr: So, my question for you guys, as I stated before: What are your Woodcutting experience rates for these three methods? I don't need xp/hour rates that people believe, or haven't completely tested, as I've heard and seen lots of different rates myself. So only if you've tested it out for a decent amount of time. Also, if you do have any rates, please post your level at the time, and if you were using any extra equipment, such as Lumberjack, etc.

Thanks so much guys. This is just to figure out some hard facts, and not just speculations.

Hope this all makes sense :D

EDIT: Changed to 4 game ticks. Not sure why I thought it was 3.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Logs are in increments of 4 game ticks, btw. With teaks, I average about 90k Woodcutting exp per hour. I usually get closer to 85k while doing bolts, though, because of mistakes. Not sure about FM exp from Adze, though, cause I never measure it.

This is at 90-93 Woodcutting, no lumberjack.

I'd say teaks are the best, because of the bonus Firemaking exp, and if you want, Fletching exp.

Leman.png

Oh woops, 4 game ticks, you're correct. I'll edit that in.

And I'm interested in doing Teaks for WC xp and FM xp, however, I'm just curious about xp rates for the other methods as well, for a comparison.

And I hadn't considered fletching at the same time. I forgot you could do things like that. So maybe I'll be considering this in the future.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I do remember when I was at the saw mill when it first came out I could almost do 105k xp/hr there. That was with full concertation and all chats off. Ive never done ivy so I have no idea what to say about that. And I do not remember the xp/hr at willows (how I got 99 wc) I dont think I helped much but thats all I can really come up with.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

So, I'm going to do exactly what you said not to, and say that I believe that I got over 100k exp at teaks when I was grinding for 99. (With D axe, lumberjack, and wicked skills with mousekeys)

But, I'll make it up to you. I'll go test it, and report back when I'm done. :thumbup:

I might have been hallucinating... I was pretty heavily medicated. But I'll get solid results before I proceed. (I am itching to use my adze... which I just got yesterday.) :grin:

I do remember when I was at the saw mill when it first came out I could almost do 105k xp/hr there. That was with full concertation and all chats off. Ive never done ivy so I have no idea what to say about that. And I do not remember the xp/hr at willows (how I got 99 wc) I dont think I helped much but thats all I can really come up with.

Oh Wood Master, how I have much to learn! Haha. Yeah, I definitely don't have much experience with Sawmill, and don't have any exact xp rates for it. However, I had just done a quick calculation that could easily be proven wrong.

So, I'm going to do exactly what you said not to, and say that I believe that I got over 100k exp at teaks when I was grinding for 99. (With D axe, lumberjack, and wicked skills with mousekeys)But, I'll make it up to you. I'll go test it, and report back when I'm done. :thumbup: I might have been hallucinating... I was pretty heavily medicated. But I'll get solid results before I proceed. (I am itching to use my adze... which I just got yesterday.) :grin:

Congratulations on the ADZE, I love mine and got it this last weekend :D As far as over 100k xp/hour, I know this is possible, however, it means every single time you drop logs has to be perfect and you have to be lucky to get faster logs. I only know of a very small handful of people at 99 WC that have done 100k+ at teaks in one exact hour. So that's more of a max xp/hour rather than an average. Also, yes I do use mousekeys, however, I was able to do my timed hour perfectly fine without them in this case.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I did about 80K xp/hr cutting ivies with an adze, lumberjack, and no familiar. That was with multitasking though, so I was hardly paying attention. By the law of large numbers, it is statistically highly unlikely that you will ever get 60K or 100K xp in an hour, assuming your expected xp is 80K.

Hegel.png

I did about 80K xp/hr cutting ivies with an adze, lumberjack, and no familiar. That was with multitasking though, so I was hardly paying attention. By the law of large numbers, it is statistically highly unlikely that you will ever get 60K or 100K xp in an hour, assuming your expected xp is 80K.

Ah, I forgot to mention the reasoning behind that in my post.

So, since it's possible to cut, say 3 pieces of Ivy within a few seconds (cut, 2.4 seconds and cut again, 2.4 seconds again for the third), some people will say they can get 100k xp/hour or more if they happened to a 5 minute timed run (calculated total xp in 5 minutes by 12 to get xp/hour) and just happened to get lucky with a few pieces of Ivy and ended up with a very high number. Just that there's inconsistency with people doing short timed runs. And also, there are some timed hours that end up being better or worse than others. I've personally experienced as low as ~60k xp/hour and as high as maybe 90-95k xp/hour at Ivy, in a rough hour, while paying the same amount of attention. So it can vary, but obviously the average overall will be a more consistent number.

I feel as is 80k xp/hour at Ivy is a pretty good number to use. Most people aren't paying full attention at Ivy anyways, since it's so easy to do other things as well. But with full attention, as well as the Wc level boost (Beaver and Wc cape boost), could probably top 85k, possibly 90k, on average. But then again, no FM xp :P

Hope that all made sense lol. My thoughts have been really jumbled lately because it's finals week, and I've got 3 of my 4 tomorrow :(

codguy.png

Codguy.png

First of all: Good luck on your finals. :thumbup:

Second, I have data! This was exactly one hour of chopping teaks (in the Tai Bwo Wannai tree area) and dropping via mousekeys; clad in lumberjack clothing, flame gloves, and ring; and wielding with the inferno adze:

Starting Exp:

Woodcutting = 13,086,184

Firemaking = 6,558,618

Ending Exp:

Woodcutting = 13,168,319

Firemaking = 6,589,915

Totals (for those with a grudge against calculators):

Woodcutting = 82,135

Firemaking = 31,297

I didn't boost my level by any means, including skillcape, familiar, or otherwise. And just for the sake of being thorough, I have 99 woodcutting.

If I missed anything, or you have any questions, feel free to let me know. I'll provide more data whenever I have free time. :smile:

Thanks :) I'll be looking into it more myself once these finals are over :pray:

Also, did you drop the logs 1/2/3 at a time or a whole inventory at once? Because I know that if you drop only a few logs in between logs and reclick the tree, you won't lose anytime, but dropping a full inventory will lose time.

Also, if you ever get around to trying out boosting your level with a familiar (Beaver) and boosting your level up when you remember with your cape, that'd be cool. I wonder what the difference between using the boosts is and and not using them.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Also, did you drop the logs 1/2/3 at a time or a whole inventory at once? Because I know that if you drop only a few logs in between logs and reclick the tree, you won't lose anytime, but dropping a full inventory will lose time.

Also, if you ever get around to trying out boosting your level with a familiar (Beaver) and boosting your level up when you remember with your cape, that'd be cool. I wonder what the difference between using the boosts is and and not using them.

You are giving me great excuses to do nothing but woodcut this weekend. <3:

I'll run some calculations and set up some scenarios when I get home from school. :thumbup: