A few questions...

MotherBrainII

1) Void Mage or Ahrim's -- which would be better for general use in PVP and PVM minigames? On the one hand, Void doesn't degrade and offers range defense, but Ahrim's has good enough accuracy to hit through black dragonhide, which Void doesn't.

EDIT: Also, how good is Void's accuracy with top-end gear? Is it significantly improved with access to 3rd age and/or an Arcane shield?

2) Is it worth saving up for an arcane spirit shield? It seems very good, but costs an obscene amount of cash. Similarly, what about a 3rd age amulet, given that I tend to focus on magic offense in non-risk PVP settings?

3) How much can I expect to pay in shards and seconds for around 75 summoning from 56?

Ahrim's with Verac Helm and a Blessed spirit shield is far superior to any Void outfit I've tested. Only use Void if Magic is more of a secondary to you.

And concerning the Arcane: there are no practical uses for it, purely fun. Also, it is a fairly static item, so you can always re-sell it.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

#1: Void is especially great if you want to hybrid. Even in PvP it isn't to bad. All you need to do is switch out a helmet and perhaps 1-2 items. (weapon / shield / ring). But Ahrim is a safe bet since it offers better defence and well.. its more powerful. If you don't have void already, just go with Ahrim's. Void is a pain to gather in my honoust opinion.

#2: Nah, it isn't worth to save up for it. It is a great shield but.. 90m? Or w/e it is at the moment is to much for a semi-good shield. A mage's book is just as efficient or a plain spirit shield. Heck, I'd even say DFS (still greatly expensive) is better and more usefull.

#3: There is a summoning calculator out there which plans the best way to level given your amount of charms. You should try and find it. Or google it.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Well, okay. I'll ditch Void and the arcane. What about the 3rd age amulet? From my experience, greater accuracy is more useful even with much worse defense, since not only can you freeze most opponents out of range, but you can also deal more or less constant damage even through Armadyl with a good enough attack bonus. While 90m is ridiculous, 40m and decreasing doesn't seem quite so unmanageable.