hmm...

danrobfos

Well, that would be a major update and might be fun and all, but wouldn't runescape lose something if there were guns, and engineering... I mean... I think it would just lose at least the medieval sense... PvP would either become unrealistic (battleaxes being able to beat a gunshot to whatever vital area) or unfair... Maybe it's just me, but that's what I think...

thealmighty3.png

I think this mighta been an accidental post that was supposed to be a response to another one, but I'll give my thoughts. Just because it has swords doesn't make it have to stick to the medieval theme, we already pretty much have guns, by definition, (cannons) and the theme is however Jagex wishes it. Plus, they could add downsides to them. Like, be powerful and perhaps very accurate (maybe long range as well, as in, long range in comparison to other ranged weapons), but expensive to use and maintain (with all those moving parts, I could understand it malfunctioning), and shoots very slowly.

Okay this might sound a little history nerdish to you:

During the early middle ages Knights reigned suprieme on the battle field. With their expensive armor and weaponry they could wipe out tons of enemies. Soon however a revolution in war tactics occured. Kings discovered that an arrow fired from the newly invented long bow could easily pierce a knights armor. So, kings supplied pheasants with long bows for which to fire upon the enemy knights. Thus the pheasant army archers became far more powerfull then the knights, and dominated the battlefield.

Thus history has shown us that an archer and his bow is way more powerful then a knight. So obviously runescape's battle system is not completely practical. Frankly I think that a ranger firing a gun at a knight and not killing him is any less likely than with a bow and arrow. Besides the cannon thing kinda makes sense.

Kings discovered that an arrow fired from the newly invented long bow could easily pierce a knights armor. So, kings supplied pheasants with long bows for which to fire upon the enemy knights. Thus the pheasant army archers became far more powerfull then the knights, and dominated the battlefield.

How could a pheasant shoot a bow? They don't have fingers, just wings...

Just making fun of spelling :lol:

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Also, in a similar manner, crossbows were frowned upon in honorable battles. I mean, they could be loaded fast, an archer could sit behind a shield, load his crossbow, and take out a Knight, who has spent his WHOLE LIFE training for battle, and just be cut down by a man who was given a crossbow just a few days prior.

crossbows changed the field of battle because a man with not much training could easily kill a heavily armoured knight. guns would do that in runescape because they would be too strong to hit a mere 5 so a lvl 20guy with maybe 9ranged would be able to hit a 20 which would throw the pk'ing triangle off balance and new players would become rich almost instantly and would rely more on luck then on ranged lvl.

Okay this might sound a little history nerdish to you:

During the early middle ages Knights reigned suprieme on the battle field. With their expensive armor and weaponry they could wipe out tons of enemies. Soon however a revolution in war tactics occured. Kings discovered that an arrow fired from the newly invented long bow could easily pierce a knights armor. So, kings supplied pheasants with long bows for which to fire upon the enemy knights. Thus the pheasant army archers became far more powerfull then the knights, and dominated the battlefield.

Thus history has shown us that an archer and his bow is way more powerful then a knight. So obviously runescape's battle system is not completely practical. Frankly I think that a ranger firing a gun at a knight and not killing him is any less likely than with a bow and arrow. Besides the cannon thing kinda makes sense.

Hey, nerd, ever seen a dictionary?Peasant, I dont think birds can be that smart :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TifSig.jpg