SoS help. thanks for taking the time to look at this. kind of nooby f2p

Yomyth105

Hey. Im almost done with my pure training and there is one little thing i happened to observe in my bank. I saw a right half skull from fighting the minotaurs way back and i saw a bottom of the sceptre. I know there are four parts to make up that pretty cool looking thing lol so i wanna know what i have to kill and what are the chances of getting it and simply if i can do it or not.

alright so feed me some information. Im almost done with leveling and im gonna be stopping at 70 strength and 70 range.

here are my stats:

attack 40

defense 1 ---> big issue. dont wanna get killed lol

strength 69 ---> 4k away from 70 and i wanna stop there

range 69 ---> i actually just got it. 60k away...

constitution 65 --> at least i have a good amount of hit points

prayer 1 --> again i can do protection of blank...

I kind of want to get it. Just let me know how. thanks :)

also what are the chances really... :)

Ehh, it is probably possible, like the above stated you will need to range safespot to get the other two pieces. There is a famous ankou spot found in many range guides on this forum and on tip.it's main page.

Cattlepons may be a tad trickier to find a safespot, but again it is doable. You may have to wait for them to be un-aggressive before you start ranging, both the ankou and cattles, just wait out behind the doors for awhile.

Catablepons use Magical Melee, so tanking them will be quite a bit easier. What's your mage?

Actually, you do not need a high magic level to take out these guys, as all catablepons do is lower your strength with the spell.

Also, in the northwestern room, there is a ranged safespot in the west wall, over the stinking tendrils. These guys are weak to ranged, so it's best to kill them this way.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

ack zaaps's guide's pictures went bad.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_security_map.htm

for the map of the dungeon, I think you want level 4, the room is not the southeast room, but the one west of it, so directly south, has a yellow and green dot. The safe spot is fairly obvious, 2 steps from the door there is an outcrop of bone, hide behind it =]

If you have trouble leave your rsn, and add me; worm brain and I can show it to you.

ack zaaps's guide's pictures went bad.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=stronghold_of_security_map.htm

for the map of the dungeon, I think you want level 4, the room is not the southeast room, but the one west of it, so directly south, has a yellow and green dot. The safe spot is fairly obvious, 2 steps from the door there is an outcrop of bone, hide behind it =]

If you have trouble leave your rsn, and add me; worm brain and I can show it to you.

this is the room im using but like ive trained some respectable safe spot looking locations and they all fail. They can work, but sometimes other ankou are around it so they attack me. It would be easy if they weren't aggressive. I did some research on this on wiki runescape and they say there really isn't no one great safespot because they can get around it. If that's wrong then please show me :) Add me in game btw :)

So knowing that... I just need to know when the creatures in that room become unaggressive and also how this unaggressive works. can i just stand in between the SoS doorways? will that count? Or do I have to be in that actual room... where i can waste 10 minutes in this one corner... or do i need to be actively attacked... if this is so then im gonna be falling short...

Yeah after the pathing update that spot got a little gimped. Standing between the doors should work, I would run to the spot, then run out, surf the forums/internet for 10-15 mins, then run back in.

If an ankou attacked you and is waiting outside the door you will have to logout first, then enter.

Another option I have no idea if it would work, would be to arch the ankous inside the wilderness volcano, there are a lot of 'small' safespots, so it is kinda tricky, and I do not know if they drop the scepter skull.