Yak or overloads?

time2quit

Well over the summer I managed to barrage up a pony then finnished ruining my bank on 89 herby. Since then I've recovered any sold items and find myself with a 54m cash pile spare. I don't have anything fancy like a gs or gwd armour instead finding barrows better value, and prefering to spend my cash oon useful skill. Anyways story over...

Currently im @ 89 Summoning and 89 Herblore, with a cash pile of 54m and can turn a steady and unimpressive 5 - 10m profit a week farming.

Just wondering which would be the best way to improve my character next.

Obviously I would like to get both eventually. But which should I get next, barrage the yak, or get 92 - 93 for overloads? And if I did either does anyone know rough costs?

Oh and dunno if it helps but I have a set of battle robes and a sol.

(stats are in siggy, ish + 98 range/97 mage)

p.s please do not suggest fiends, i loath that place and never want to go back unless its a slayer task....

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

I would go yak, only because I am in same situation, and a yak can only benefit me in getting money for herblore, and its relativly cheap with battle robes and a sol.

Seeing as a Yak helps in more places than Overloads, I'd say Yak.

Ah ok im 97 mage atm, and was obviously going to barrage (with battle robes + sol, already own them) if I were to go for the yak.

Fiends with extremes very effective? although with needing some 12k crims thats a long time @ fiends...

Solo GWD'er

Ah ok im 97 mage atm, and was obviously going to barrage (with battle robes + sol, already own them) if I were to go for the yak.

Fiends with extremes very effective? although with needing some 12k crims thats a long time @ fiends...

I'm guessing bedman meant chaos tunnel fiends, which are worth your time if you have an iron titan or above (hence 95+ summoning).

fishing.gif

I'm guessing bedman meant chaos tunnel fiends, which are worth your time if you have an iron titan or above (hence 95+ summoning).

Ah ok had not thought about them, but after the next 6 levels ill think about it.

So I guess the general agreement is yak first then. Thanks, any advise on cost 89 - 96?

Solo GWD'er

I would go with the yak. You should go to rock lobsters till 99 magic if you really can't stand fiends, but definitely switch to CT fiends after that. It's really fun, IMO.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The pack yak is extremely useful. It changes so much about how you play, from combat to skilling to gathering.

Overloads are useful really only in one situation: boss fighting.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The pack yak is extremely useful. It changes so much about how you play, from combat to skilling to gathering.

I disagree. (Well at least with your overloads-are-only-useful-in-one-situation part)

As currently one of the fastest methods of training herblore, you get tons of these as by-products (although some people actively go out and make them) of the skill. I've seen people start using them for powerslaying, castle wars and as you said boss fighting. They're just not limited to boss fighting exclusively though, just putting that out there.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I disagree. (Well at least with your overloads-are-only-useful-in-one-situation part)

As currently one of the fastest methods of training herblore, you get tons of these as by-products (although some people actively go out and make them) of the skill. I've seen people start using them for powerslaying, castle wars and as you said boss fighting. They're just not limited to boss fighting exclusively though, just putting that out there.

Overloads are fast for training Herblore, but they are already the highest level potion you can make, so unless you're into capes, it doesn't matter all that much. They are also quite expensive to make even with already having the base pots.

What else do you use them for?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png