Interview with Lead Designer Mark Ogilvie

Omali

i always got the idea jagex are really bad at playing their own game

Tip: Don't make fun of the newb the next time you pass by Falador and someone calls you a haxxor and wants to know where you got those robes that make you invisible, because it might be a Jmod's alt thinking he caught a hacker.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Nice press release. (Not intended as a slam at the OP.)

Too bad much of what's in it is either completely false or extremely misleading.

indeed.

For the surgical, efficient gamer, few things said hold true ( for example many dungeoneer although they do not enjoy it). But that can be said about any runescape activity: you can't choose what theiving to do because in reality one method is the fastest (that's the basic tennet many seem to be following).

Then again, the avid, scientifically inclined gamers know relying on Jagex' public image for truth as being similar to trusting a fast food chain on healthy eating strategies.

Forgetting the fun that's the main objective of any game, much of the rationale is indeed false or misleading to those already deeply immersed in runescape. However, I've dungeoneered with those of combat levels in the double digits. Much of the article is true to them (and true up until maybe level 45 dungeoneering thus far).

Public companies and honesty: i certainly can't think of an example of a semi-large company who fit the bill.

Lol. You literally didn't have a point in your entire post. Kids acting smart ftw.

Companies try to promote their products, great discovery there buddy. I didn't know you had to be "scientifically inclined" to know that, haha

How so? You can't just say that someone has no point and then not explain why. Kids acting smart ftw.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Nice press release. (Not intended as a slam at the OP.)

Too bad much of what's in it is either completely false or extremely misleading.

indeed.

For the surgical, efficient gamer, few things said hold true ( for example many dungeoneer although they do not enjoy it). But that can be said about any runescape activity: you can't choose what theiving to do because in reality one method is the fastest (that's the basic tennet many seem to be following).

Then again, the avid, scientifically inclined gamers know relying on Jagex' public image for truth as being similar to trusting a fast food chain on healthy eating strategies.

Forgetting the fun that's the main objective of any game, much of the rationale is indeed false or misleading to those already deeply immersed in runescape. However, I've dungeoneered with those of combat levels in the double digits. Much of the article is true to them (and true up until maybe level 45 dungeoneering thus far).

Public companies and honesty: i certainly can't think of an example of a semi-large company who fit the bill.

Lol. You literally didn't have a point in your entire post. Kids acting smart ftw.

Companies try to promote their products, great discovery there buddy. I didn't know you had to be "scientifically inclined" to know that, haha

How so? You can't just say that someone has no point and then not explain why. Kids acting smart ftw.

Except I did explain it in my post. His use of seemingly big words didn't mask the fact that his message was simply "Companies promote their products"

Nice try at an argument though ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Except I did explain it in my post. His use of seemingly big words didn't mask the fact that his message was simply "Companies promote their products"

Nice try at reading comprehension. ;) I was able to understand both his post and his point. I hate to disappoint Omali, but I have to point out that you're clearly a troll, and I've unfortunately fed you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Nice try at reading comprehension. ;) I was able to understand both his post and his point. I hate to disappoint Omali, but I have to point out that you're clearly a troll, and I've unfortunately fed you.

Nice, resort to calling me a troll because you have no counter-argument. I was able to understand his post as well, and I explained his thesis. What's your point?

You're one of the densest people i've ever had the misfortune of talking to. You never say anything of meaning, you just parse words and try to "one up" people. For example, your "point" in your latest post was that you were able to understand his post. How is this even a response to my criticism? Just a waste of server space.

Honestly, if you are going to try to debate with someone over a forum, at least ensure that you are actually responding to the person and not making irrelevant comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, am I supposed to feel bad about having fun with Dungeoneering?

Cause frankly having more things that are similar to Stealing Creation beats having things similar to what you folks refer to as fun at the moment. It's like you don't like sherbet because it's similar to ice cream.

8f14270694.jpg