how to spend on pking?

Yomyth105

Alright. So I am on the verge of finishing getting my stats to their goals.

Again the following are:

40attack

69 strength (500xp till 70 :) )

1 def

66 constitution

69 range (500xp till 70 :) )

1 prayer

32 magic

I dont know exactly how i will be pking yet... but I would like to give range/2h a try... or scimitar/2h... So let's say im doing range/2h... I need to plan accordingly on what equipment to buy. This is what I have in my bank:

CASH: 2545K (2.5 million gp)

FOOD: 735 salmon / 396 trout - not gonna use it in combat or anything because they are too weak, but id like to just have something to heal myself with that wont waste the expensive foods...

Necklace: 2 strength amulets / 1 power ammy - useful. what more can i say?

Melee: 2 rune scimitars / 1 rune long sword / 1 rune 2h

Range: maple short bow / Green d'hide legs / Green d'hide vambraces

Mage: 543 fire runes / 16 laws / 47 airs / 162 deaths / 177 chaos / 237 minds / air staff

Alright now dont judge cuz lol cuz all of these are mostly from drops... Now I need to obv fill my bank with lobsters/swordfish / str pots / weapons / arrows etc... So really... how would you guys distribute my 2.5 million in cash... I want some to be left so that i can invest in GE items.

Also, again general questions...

1) What pking style should i use and would best benefit me... most important question really...

2) Scimitars or Longswords... I know longswords are a bit slower but they deal more damage... What is best? Is the more damage worth sacrificing for the little bit more time off...

3) Whats the best way to cheaply train magic. I want to train it without hp up to level 60... cursing sounds best. how much will this cost?

edit: im not doing this all today... but lobster in my opinion are too high as of now because they went up recently after dungeoneering... im currently waiting for some prices to go down :)

1) Question is a little vague, not quite sure what you're asking, but with your stats you should always land the first attack(s) and try to finish your opponent asap, try to get them in safe-lock or something so they cant attack back much, don't fight too close to safe zones, otherwise they will just run when they see they're loseing. Don't hesitate to attack someone well above your own combat level, even if it's a pure (they'll have low defense as well, exploit it). In other words, be aggressive, try to surprise.

2) definitly go for the scimitar, I've tested, longsword lost many more duels compared to a scimitar. Speed is everything in this game, its kind of broken tbh . The longsword will only max 10-20 more damage in LP anyway, very insignifiant comapred to the potential of a few extra attacks in the same time-frame with a scimitar. Sure a longsword is slightly more accurate, but this really doesn't matter when your attack is almost always going to be higher than the defense of your opponent/ training monster.

3) If you're non-member there isnt many other options for training magic without HP, its either low alchemy or curses. Members can use minigames though. If you go with curseing, body runes arn't expensive at all, and with 2mil+ you could easily afford 60 with this method.

1) Question is a little vague, not quite sure what you're asking, but with your stats you should always land the first attack(s) and try to finish your opponent asap, try to get them in safe-lock or something so they cant attack back much, don't fight too close to safe zones, otherwise they will just run when they see they're loseing. Don't hesitate to attack someone well above your own combat level, even if it's a pure (they'll have low defense as well, exploit it). In other words, be aggressive, try to surprise.

2) definitly go for the scimitar, I've tested, longsword lost many more duels compared to a scimitar. Speed is everything in this game, its kind of broken tbh . The longsword will only max 10-20 more damage in LP anyway, very insignifiant comapred to the potential of a few extra attacks in the same time-frame with a scimitar. Sure a longsword is slightly more accurate, but this really doesn't matter when your attack is almost always going to be higher than the defense of your opponent/ training monster.

3) If you're non-member there isnt many other options for training magic without HP, its either low alchemy or curses. Members can use minigames though. If you go with curseing, body runes arn't expensive at all, and with 2mil+ you could easily afford 60 with this method.

alright thanks for the advice.

The first question is really asking how i should do that. range/2h or scim/2h... pretty much the big issue... which is more successful?

The main question you haven't answered... How do i divide the 2.5 mil... how would u do that. How many lobbs/swords would suffice enough... right now im waiting for the price of lobbs to finally drop back to its normal self from like 354 to 314... also str pots are pretty expensive just putting that out there... right now im waiting for prices to drop. that seems that that is what is going on...

The first question is really asking how i should do that. range/2h or scim/2h... pretty much the big issue... which is more successful?

The main question you haven't answered... How do i divide the 2.5 mil... how would u do that. How many lobbs/swords would suffice enough... right now im waiting for the price of lobbs to finally drop back to its normal self from like 354 to 314... also str pots are pretty expensive just putting that out there... right now im waiting for prices to drop. that seems that that is what is going on...

ahhhh ic

well you could always alternate when necessary, though from my experience 70+ range is amazingly accurate (even on full rune) whereas a rune scimmi will tend to miss much more often. Switching from a shortbow attack to a 2h attack is also much faster than scimmi to 2h.

ahhhh ic

well you could always alternate when necessary, though from my experience 70+ range is amazingly accurate (even on full rune) whereas a rune scimmi will tend to miss much more often. Switching from a shortbow attack to a 2h attack is also much faster than scimmi to 2h.

okay so i have went to dual in the dual arena to practice pvp environment and I learned that range/2h is better. It appears to be highly more accurate in hitting than a scimitar. Although it has lower hits it hits them more often. Then afterwards I can take out that 2h and hit very high without even having to wait. With a scimitar it takes a couple of seconds after i take the 2h out to work.

In terms of pricing. I will have to do so on my own. Wait until i think it will be the lowest and purchase. I will do so accordingly. I wont be having to spend money on scimitars buy adamant arrows are also very expensive. But pricing i will do on my own time.

Now a couple of more questions...

1) Dungeoneering... how does it work... bow sightings... please explain to me what this is?

2) training magic using curse. is this autocastable? good idea?

3) Is it worth buying and using strength pots when you range/2h?

4) what type of pvp fighting is really the most best. 1 item pking? explain a bit... versus regular. with 1 iteming i should do scim? and with reg it is range/2h?

5) Although i really dont want to train even more. Do you think it is worth it to just go 53 combat. 52 just seems low. no? get strength/range a bit higher? but then again... id rather really not train if i dont have to.

• 1 month later...