Full Guthans?

Goldenjkered

I was wondering if it would be worth buying a Guthans set. I am 122 combat, and I'm using Kuradel as my slayer master. I use the enhanced excalibur and bunyip for most tasks, but I don't like to wear barrows (OCD, don't ask), so my defence is always low (usually torso, dragon legs and defender). I have a large fire giants task coming up, and I know how hard they can hit at times. I've also struggled to keep my hp up with just the EE and a bunyip at Nechreyeals. Are there any other tasks where guthans would benefit, and if so, is it worth buying a set?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Personally, I take guthan's to most tasks. It helps me heal what my bunyip can't...then again I don't have EE. Also, I like the high def.

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

You could use guthans whenever you need more health and then strenght gear when you got enough health. Or what'ya say? :rolleyes:

pani.png

I always bring Guthans with me almost every slayer task.

My Sgs will usually keep me up, but when it doesn't, Guthans is a perfect backup.

However, lately I have been rarely healing (constantly hitting, but just not healing (yes. I had the full set on.)).

It's like some monsters are resistant to the healing ability and some aren't. Which just may be the case.

Anyway, yes, it is a good investment, IMO.

c511daf6dc.png

Derp.

However, lately I have been rarely healing (constantly hitting, but just not healing (yes. I had the full set on.)).

It's like some monsters are resistant to the healing ability and some aren't. Which just may be the case.

Not the case, you just got unlucky.

But will have to agree with the above post, the set itself while its uses today are less that they used to be, its still a great set, I bought by first set for 12m back in the day and *never* regretted it yet.

Well worth buying, esp at the price it is atm.

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

why wouldn't you just buy barrows? you'd end up with the same OCD thing anyway with guthans...

other non-barrows options would be a BSS which has amazing defensive bonuses for its price.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

None of Kuradel's tasks require guthans if you have a bunyip and EE/SGS. But then again, that's with barrows.

Well depending on what your defence lvl is you dont even have to get full barrows i'm at 99 def with torag legs and torso and i hardly ever use my EE so in my opinion guthans is a waste for that, but i have to agree with them it is pretty nice to have at DKs and barrows and in several other situations.

slaykan.png Good Timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.

images-1.jpgThere is dignity in suffering, nobility in pain, but failure is a salted wound, that burns over and over again.