Magic And slayer?

Nhs_Xc

Just wondering how feasible it is to mage slayer tasks. Does the damge bonus from Staff of light and hexcrest stack? Im thinking about doign slayer dart for the cost to damage ratio however I am also wondering if there is a better spell. Thanks for any help.

Just wondering how feasible it is to mage slayer tasks. Does the damge bonus from Staff of light and hexcrest stack? Im thinking about doign slayer dart for the cost to damage ratio however I am also wondering if there is a better spell. Thanks for any help.

Yes it does stack. I'm hitting 553 with fire surge on iron dragons in Kuradal's dungeon. This makes it not much slower than meleeing with ZS and turmoil.

Mage slaying in general still isn't comparable to melee, but it's been better than ever.

Get the arcane stream necklace before you consider it though. It's too good to miss out on.

Also: Dont do slayer dart. Fire wave is cheaper, hit's more, and give more XP too I believe. You might consider surge spells when you get the lvl for it.

Looking at your stats, I would mage tasks like Abby demons and metal dragons + maybe a couple other, and range the rest.

Ahrims, fsh, stream necklace, sol, arcane, inf boots, b gloves, fero ring/seer's (I), god cape/sw cape, 15% Mage pray/auguary all tasks.

I'm a tightass, and I know that's the only way to Mage slay :/

edit: Sol and use the best spell you can. Fire wave then the surges.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Use the best spell you got. If you have the battle robes use those, you can use those to save on runes. But you lose out on the Hexcrest. If you don't want to do that, then use Ahrims. If you like, you can also burst Nechs in the CT for some decent exp. But depending on the drops you might come out at a loss.

Also when you get 80 you can use CoG and Charge and use that. I was using that on iron dragons and was profiting while banking every bone, this was with a War Tort while in Kuradal's dungeon. But i have moved on to Earth Surge and its still about the same.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

abyssal demons have really high melee defense, but almost no magic defense.

a mage with maxed out gear and fire surge will kill abyssal demons just as quickly as a melee with maxed out gear, overloads, turmoil, etc.

all demons are very weak to magic, and good choices for maging.

are iron dragons really good for maging? i wouldn't know but i'd imagine all dragons resist magic pretty well.

Naaxi.png

a mage with maxed out gear and fire surge will kill abyssal demons just as quickly as a melee with maxed out gear, overloads, turmoil, etc.

are iron dragons really good for maging? i wouldn't know but i'd imagine all dragons resist magic pretty well.

Actually Bronze, Iron, and Steel Dragons ( Metal Dragons) are VERY weak to magic and mkes it ONE of the fastest way to kill them

Actually Bronze, Iron, and Steel Dragons ( Metal Dragons) are VERY weak to magic and mkes it ONE of the fastest way to kill them

Yes this is true. In Kuradal's dungeon i was able to have 2 dragons to myself with 2 others in there ranging and me maging them. And if you can bank all the bones, you can profit. Or at least i was using CoG.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]