Tip.It Times - 23rd May 2010

Racheya

I studied abroad in the UK, it's a beutiful country with very nice people and is also very expensive, but most of the expense was from living in the dorm, food, and transportation. When I stayed for a week in London it was not expensive to stay at a hostel, I payed pretty much the same as I would in the US.

I wish I could go to RuneFest, it sounds like a lot of fun. I do reenactment and its always tons of fun, it would be cool if they included some sword fights or fencing with the activities. It is difficult to make the gear and costumes, but there are a lot of people who do reenactment and already have some stuff that would work, but isnt specific to RuneScape. You don't see that stuff when you look for RuneScape crafts because it isn't necessarily RuneScape related, but it does exist in RuneScape. For example, I made a steel chain body, I even sent a picture in to Jagex, but it didn't get into the Players Gallery because it isn't specific to RUneScape. I also made a model of Falador Castle, but I don't have it with me where I live so I an't send in a picture. I hope to do that soon.

Tickets for reenactment events cost a lot less than $100, but that's because it's not put on by a company, it's put on by the people who go to it, and they spend tons of money on it. Imagine if you had to provide your own food and entertainment, even if the tickets were only $20 you would still have to spend well over $100. But on the other hand, people spend whatever they can afford, and those that can't afford to spend a lot can exchange their labor for someone else's materials.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

Don't forget Jagex's hipocritical Flagstaff of Real World Trade (I mean Festivities). It goes against their feelings towards the Dec 2007 updates completely.

Well, I more see it as the "look what money got me" staff, but yeah, this soured this for me more than anything else. Thanks Jagex for putting an item in game that remindes me every time I see it what RL money will get you. I really thought you were commited to not allowing that. I don't begrudge anyone going, or all the cool stuff they are getting at runefest, but I do feel bitter over this in game item.

I dont see why anyone is so mad.

I pity anyone who got the flagstaff, anywhere they go with it someone is going to make fun of them.

that or worship them like its a party hat

The flagstaff of festivities is nothing more or nothing less than an advert for the Runefest. Look how it got you all talking about it. Same with not announcing the venue. The more we talk about it the more advertising they get.

Oh btw yes I have my flagstaff, and am combining my visit to Runefest with a family holiday in Englands capital city.

I have a flagstaff too and Im proud of it. My daugther brought it for me as a birthday present, We are both looking forward to going, i am a member but my daugther is not. And yes, we will be in costume, which we have already. Nothing to do with runescape, we live in fance and every year the medival cities have fete and you dress up for them, although not sure about walking around London with crossbow & swords. and like the person above we r combining it with a holiday to England. Where ever they helped it people would complain so stop complain and hope its a success and then they will hold more in different parts of the world. And by the way the entry age is 16.