99 mage

Pilipod

would it be wise for me to sell my dfs (i dont care about your opinions on the dfs) and with my money from that get 99 mage + cash i have?

i can get it almost exactly with alching to 80 and string jewellery to 99.

it would cost me around 40mil from 76 but i could get back 15mil from the ammies (do they sell?)

i would also get 89 crafting as i will be making the ammies myself as gold bar prices are so cheap?

so,,, would this method be worth it, or would the 40million be better invested elsewhere?

i mainly slay( i havent blocked any dragon tasks)/ combat and it would be nice to have a higher mage defence I have 99 def full bandos and a defender so defence isn't a problem on harder tasks without it.

but any other suggestions are welcome even if it is to keep the dfs and get money through other means?

thanks

edit: i do have a large stockpile of charms possibly getting me a unicorn so some money can be spent there

pilipod.png

would it be wise for me to sell my dfs (i dont care about your opinions on the dfs) and with my money from that get 99 mage + cash i have?

i can get it almost exactly with alching to 80 and string jewellery to 99.

it would cost me around 40mil from 76 but i could get back 15mil from the ammies (do they sell?)

i would also get 89 crafting as i will be making the ammies myself as gold bar prices are so cheap?

so,,, would this method be worth it, or would the 40million be better invested elsewhere?

i mainly slay( i havent blocked any dragon tasks)/ combat and it would be nice to have a higher mage defence I have 99 def full bandos and a defender so defence isn't a problem on harder tasks without it.

but any other suggestions are welcome even if it is to keep the dfs and get money through other means?

thanks

edit: i do have a large stockpile of charms possibly getting me a unicorn so some money can be spent there

Sell the dfs and use the money to flip and superheat gold with family crest gountlets. I did it in f2p with iron and runite ore and got 90 smithing. If you would get 99 mage with gold, I think you would also get 99 smithing.

If you were looking for a slightly less expensive way, you could use plank make with mahogany, and that would only cost about 25ish mil. Generally DFS is not very helpful, and is beat out by a defender in most cases other than boss hunting. If you are looking to get smithing up, superheating gold is a good plan because you get mage and smith up. If you want to keep your dfs you could use superglass make, it is slower than string jewlry and plankmake, but it also makes a profit so you wouldn't need to spend any money, and could use your current cash pile for summon.

goro_fujita.png

The best way to train mage, imo, is to either burst/barrage rock lobbs or superheat iron at a bank, or superheat gold while mining in LRC. Superheating iron will give you 100k mage exp and 25k smithing exp an hour for minimal cost. Bursting will give you decent mage exp while also getting you charms for slayer. It is, however, expensive. The only difference is, the cost is being spread out for two goals - high mage and summoning. Spending all that cash to get 99 mage via plankmake or string ammies is pointless, as all it gets you is high mage and a lot less cash.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

If you like to slay, just mage your tasks that are mageable. Abby demons, any safespottable task, iron/steel dragons, are all easily maged. At the least you could do this every once in a while to break up the grinding.

Also, I would superheat iron to 86, then plank make to 99 rather than alch and string amulet.

Lagatag.png

I tend to disagree, as i see no purpose in spending cash on a 99 like this when the journey gives no secondary benefit. Superheating gives uber smithing exp - from 90-99 mage, i would get 1.8m exp if i superheated iron. That exp is extremely valuable - worth almost 70m of smelting gold with gaunts and selling the bars afterwards. Bursting also has a secondary benefit of immense amounts of crimson charms. I would advise against maging slayer tasks, as it will likely cause you to lose speed and waste cash.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png