Cash and shop mod!

I searched the forums for any sign of a topic like this and found none so I will state my suggestion.

I suggest Tip.it forums should have the cash and shop mod. I started a forums with the cash and shop mod

What the cash and shop mod are: Firstly the cash/points mod are mods that allows you to gain a certian amount of forum points to be earned for each post you make. This points or "cash" earned from the posts can than in turned be used to buy images of items at the shop. You can also get the images to allow acces to certain boards as well. I remember when I installed these mods into a board I had, I had a lot more fun posting and gaining these items which can be displayed rite under your avatar. If you think it will load times a lot slower (which is most definatly could becuase of all the images each use would have also lengthing posts) you can simply get the mod to make the images in to text links that are linked to your inventory which than displayes all the items you ave bought with your cash.

Other than that I think installing the cash, points and shop mod wouldn't affect loading time for users much at all (correct me if I'm wrong).

Well what do you think?

PS:Also is it possible to change your username I wasnt sure if that was a mod you have to install in able to do such a thing..I dont think so though.

Would encourage too much spam.

And no the admins don't allow username changes.

Just what I was going to say.

It would encourage too much spam because that mod is based on how many posts you've made, and well.. people are gonna want more money :roll:

Tip.it is pretty much perfect the way it is.

Thats was what I was thinking as well but you could firstly limit the forums in which the points are awarded, and you can set a minimum to the amount of letters required in a single post which could help. Also it would be a good way to punish the spamming. For spamming the could take a decent amout of money away if that doesn't solve the porblem obvously they dont care about the forum points and need to be banned or whatever punishment they use.

Thats was what I was thinking as well but you could firstly limit the forums in which the points are awarded, and you can set a minimum to the amount of letters required in a single post which could help. Also it would be a good way to punish the spamming. For spamming the could take a decent amout of money away if that doesn't solve the porblem obvously they dont care about the forum points and need to be banned or whatever punishment they use.

I don't realy get the point.... If you want something unique with your profile, try winning a custom rank competition :-).

That cash mod thing you say, would only add a little competition to posting... Which might be fun for small forums, but for forums with the size of this one , it's just not where you want to go ;-)

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

Also it would be a good way to punish the spamming. For spamming the could take a decent amout of money away if that doesn't solve the porblem obvously they dont care about the forum points and need to be banned or whatever punishment they use.

There would be quite a few complaints about why money was taken away, regarding to simple rules like signature limits, "Why did you take money..it was only 1px over the limit!" etc...

It's a massive hassle and a waste of bandwidth. Tip.it is perfect as it is! Don't need any flashy add ons! :wink: