Martial Arts

Iconic

I had this idea a long time ago but I never got around to writing it down so here it is.

~ Martial Arts ~

The idea is that by combing agility and combat you could make your runescape character do martial arts, doing martial arts would give different effects for example a kick in the groin could result in a two second bind

kickgroin.png

Pictured above, a kick in the groin

or a swipe could have the same effect as the dragon/zamarokian spear.

Either way more complex moves will require a higher agility level (or take up more energy?)

Some moves could include a

Kick

Punch

Double Kick

Double Punch

Flip kick

Matrix dodge

Swipe

And level 99 should have something which has a huge effect but I can't suggest anything at the moment.

I think this could replace prayer, I don't mean get rid of prayer I mean a person would have the option to switch agility with prayer if they talk to martial arts teachers (like how magic can be changed)

rssprite.png

so basically, this would be just like the circus interface but you would be allowed to walk around with it.

180px-Tightrope_tricks.png

I have written so little so all you can play around with this and see what you'd like to do with it, personally I feel that it needs a lot of tweaking to work but would make combat a lot more fun then simply clicking.

[Falador tavern]

Heard this idea before and I'd have to agree! About the groin shot though... :P JaGex probably would find that one just a little bit inappropriate but to adding "self defense" feature where you'd have to scroll over and click on whichever move might be difficult. Your picture above was fantastic but notice how similar everything is? Maybe if certain moves can be highlighted and you could access them easier through hot keys or maybe certain armor that holds its own arsenal of moves which you can set would be much much easier for everyone beginning! This would work hand in hand with combat I'm assuming? Anything that's flashy and makes pVp'ing more enticing as well as Agility I suppose so I'd second you on this and great creativity :)

But then again, kicking someone in rune armor probably isn't very effective.

Yes for the idea. No for practicality/realism.

Perhaps a confined fighting arena where armor/weapons aren't allowed?

But heck, RS supposedly is just an imaginary game. You can always have ridiculously powerful martial arts moves. *thinks of Chinese kungfu movies/TV series*

Good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if a person was to wear runite armour I reckon that a Judo throw could probably knock them off balance or even kill them (due to falling in runite) but I appreciate that my picture on the OP of a person bieng hurt by a kick is a bit OTT.

Its possible that a dagger could be used as an aid to this, multiplying the attack by something.

[Falador tavern]

Karate kicks own people in runite armor.

1. Place foot on body

2. Stretch leg (fast and with force)

3. ???

4. Profit!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

I think a realistic way of Jagex making this realistic would be to replace the weapons interface with a martial arts interface when the avatar isn't wielding a weapon. Then you would actually have access to more than just crush moves. For example, you could do something as basic as Karate Chop which would count instead as a slash move and would hurt mages more. Then a Finger Punch could be good against rangers since it would be a stab attack, even though you're not wearing a weapon, since you might have like barrows gloves, a fury and dragon boots. You might even want to put zen punch in there which would count half to magic, half to something else. Either way, it would be cool.

About the whole kick a man in his groin with rune armour making it ineffective... you can attack a Hero in Ardougne with your bare hands and choose the kick option and kill it. >.> it's just ineffective. Martial arts would simply count as a substat, with requirements from attack and agility, yet could draw in other stats. For example, a haymaker is a punch with all strength, no aim. Therefore: req would be smthn like 50 str, 30 ag. Yet again, a sucker punch would probably be 70 att, 50 ag and 20+ thieving (for sneakiness). Who knows, they could make an attack with a donkey's jawbone, which requires 40 slayer.

I like the idea, and think it would be a good idea. You could unweild your weapon and it's right there. You might, however, have to complete a miniquest with the ninja monkeys on Ape Atoll. But otherwise, good idea. :D

I had this idea a long time ago but I never got around to writing it down so here it is.

~ Martial Arts ~

The idea is that by combing agility and combat you could make your runescape character do martial arts, doing martial arts would give different effects for example a kick in the groin could result in a two second bind

kickgroin.png

Pictured above, a kick in the groin

or a swipe could have the same effect as the dragon/zamarokian spear.

Either way more complex moves will require a higher agility level (or take up more energy?)

Some moves could include a

Kick

Punch

Double Kick

Double Punch

Flip kick

Matrix dodge

Swipe

And level 99 should have something which has a huge effect but I can't suggest anything at the moment.

I think this could replace prayer, I don't mean get rid of prayer I mean a person would have the option to switch agility with prayer if they talk to martial arts teachers (like how magic can be changed)

rssprite.png

so basically, this would be just like the circus interface but you would be allowed to walk around with it.

180px-Tightrope_tricks.png

I have written so little so all you can play around with this and see what you'd like to do with it, personally I feel that it needs a lot of tweaking to work but would make combat a lot more fun then simply clicking.

I love this idea! You have to send it to Jagex!

Good idea.

wearin a rune armor could simply lower ur hit rate and damage like magin with full rune i think it would be interestin skill

But heck, RS supposedly is just an imaginary game. You can always have ridiculously powerful martial arts moves. *thinks of Chinese kungfu movies/TV series*

to the thing about runescape being imaginary and making a ridiculous move, i think that would make the game sort of cheap in a way you know? i think your idea of a martial arts arena is a great idea however i would love that jsut i cant see my self enjoying being killed wearing a bandos chestplate or tassets by some froob who only trains the martial art skill and just that.

Ian1.png

99 Cooking 27 July 2009