Old Skool Player Needs Help

6de6vi6l

Hihi,

I'm tired of getting laughed at in Runescape because of my rune plate, so basically, I decided to come to Tip It to get some advice from you guys. I feel like the biggest lvl 117 noob in the history of rs!

I havent done a quest since 2005 so that instantly limits me on what I can wear. I'm also pretty poor so that is a constraint too. What I need help on, is what helmet and plate armor should a predominately melee fighter wear? Or in general, what should I be wielding while training towards my 99 Str, Def, Att goal?

I'm willing to do some pretty easy quests if the armor reward is worth it..so if it requires a quest, please let me know. Also I have 85 fishing, and enjoy fishing sharks, so if it requires $$ tell me the price as well. I'm not looking for the *best* stuff, just items that aren't so...noobish. I attached pictures of my stats and current armor set up (dont laugh) so you can see what I'm training with. Any advice is helpful! :thumbsup:

344tfmu.png

syuqz4.png

Also, if anyone has any sort of advice/cool things for a player who hasn't played in years, I'm willing to listen! Add me in the game or talk to me here!

6de6vi6l - Est. 2002

---New name= "iLike_Phish"

Full Torags isn't too bad if your on a bit of a budget.

And, um, train summoning.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Try and get a neitz/warrior helm, use a whip/defender combo and train controlled, it's better than an SS (which you should incidentally sell if you're short on cash). If you really need extra defense and aren't going to be praying, melee barrows top+bottom provides plenty, buy whichever is the cheapest. If you're praying, wear prossy chest/legs (veracs skirt if you need additional def).

Sharks are also pretty terrible money these days, if you need to make money fishing monkfish would probably be best at your level, and are decent exp.

Edit: if you're training with a whip a warrior ring is also a nice cheap option for your ring slot. I doubt you can do rfd for gloves, but that should probably become a priority.

Do as much of recipe for disaster as you can and get the best gloves there.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Scrap the d med helm. Those are about as useless as dirt these days. If you're training melee with slayer (I recommend it, it's a great way to break up the monotony of combat), do smoking kills quest and get yourself a slayer helmet. If you're just going to camp somewhere to train your melee skills, do the Fremmenik Isles quest and get a neitiznnot helm. They're hideous in my opinion, but have great stats.

For your top & bottom, barrows armor is a good choice. A torags top/bottom will probably cost you around 2-3m last I checked so you might need to save up a little money. They also slowly degrade over time, so there's a small upkeep cost, but it's really not very expensive especially if you're killing a monster with decent drops. You'll make up the money in no time.

Obby cape is still fine until you get a skill cape, you might also want to look into doing Nomad's Requiem quest and get a soul wars cape, which has an excellent prayer bonus for when you need it.

Ditch the sara sword in favor of a whip and rune defender- as stated in one of the above posts, you'll get the best exp training controlled with a whip. If you do want to train them seperately, only use the sword for strength, and use a whip for attack & defence.

Dragon boots are perfectly fine and will continue to serve you well.

As stated above, the best gloves are from Recipe for Disaster. The quest has several parts to it, and the more parts of it you complete, the better gloves you can buy. They go from bronze all the way up to barrows, with each pair slightly better than the last. Comparing the stats, I would only switch your combat bracelet for RFD gloves if you can get adamant or higher.

You can keep your ring of life as a safety net, but it really isn't necessary. Try a warrior ring (fairly cheap- about 500k), or if you have some extra cash I highly recommend a berserker ring (around 5m or so).

EDIT: If you've got any other questions about it, feel free to message me ingame and I'll do my best to help you out. I know how tough it is to come back from a long break- been there a couple times myself.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Helm:

Neitiznot-Quest, WELL WORTH IT!

Black Mask-> Slayer Helm, Only if you want to do Slayer.

Cape:

Fire Cape, You should be able to get it.

Neck:

Fury, minor upgrade if you have cash.

Chest:

Bandos CP-Cost alot.

Torso-Barbarian Assault minigame. Takes about 1-2 hours to get. BIG upgrade.

Legs:

Bandos Tassets-Minor upgrade though

Gloves:

Best Recipe for Disaster gloves you can get your hands on.

Ring: Berserker or Warrior ring.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

just to add this on, your going to be wanting to train your summoning. It is undoubtedly the most useful skill in game, I would spend some time killing waterfiends (im sure theres an AoW guide for them, if not PM me).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Sell d legs and get skirt, sell d med and get neitiznot helm (after the quest), sell sara sword and use whip and defender on controlled. :thumbup: Barrows gloves are the biggest upgrade that I can see but it requires a series of quests.

I'd recommend training slayer as higher level slaying is decent money so that you don't have to go out of your way to monster hunt etc. to restock once you slay to the best gear, it helps total levels, charms for summoning and full slayer helm can help you level your range and mage (especially once you get 55 slayer for broad bolts).

My bank's around 300-400m after training herblore, I've got that mostly from farming herbs, daily tasks and training slayer. I don't monster hunt much but I have got 1 and a half dragon claws and a 3 way Armadyl hilt split. So once you get higher combat stats it opens a lot of money making ways through bosses.

imagangster.png