Revising and Reviving

stonewall337

Why would one of those drops be "fml"? Better than a coin drop.

It's because your drop roulette happened to land on a reeeeeally tiny tile, but that tile just wasn't the awesome drop you wanted. You're essentially lucky in regards to raw probability, but it's unfortunate because having that amount of luck but with a different tile would have made you rich :P

Exactly, I've been doing KBD a lot lately, and I've gotten 7 D Meds, 1 head, and no vissage. Every time I see a d med I just think, Damn, wheres my vissage?

heres a solution: go to metals.

Rare drops from a random rat shouldnt randomly net 500 million.

err no. what the topic is focused is the previous drops mentioned being too low in value. like the sheild half drops. extremely rare but almost worthless.

nice try though.

I'm pretty sure unique drops are on another wheel anyway, so "it could have been ... drop" is wrong I think.

Well true. However, if both are rare, it is still a "FML" in a way, in that you got something very rare, but quite worthless. EG, .2% chance for whip drop from abby demon, .05% chance drop of D spear. (Made up number) So d spear is 4x as rare as whip. If you get d spear, you know you were"lucky" but you still go a bad drop. My point isn't that it "could have been" a whip, its more that drops which are so rare should actually be worth something.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

err no. what the topic is focused is the previous drops mentioned being too low in value. like the sheild half drops. extremely rare but almost worthless.

The reason half shield is worthless is because the item made is worthless.

If a rare drop avaliable from practically anything was actually useful, then random drops would net some insane amount of cash.

O.O

I'm not saying it needs to be worth 10's of millions, just useful and worth something.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I believe there's TWO rare drop tables. I could be wrong but here's how I believe it is.

Gems, half keys, rune javelins, dragon spear, shield half in one drop table (one effected by ring of life). This is applied to 95% of monsters in the game. The amount of these drops varies per monster, for example Goraks and Ice Strykewyrms drop from this table fairly commonly.

Then there's a "high level" drop table. Which includes Dragon Med, Silver Ore (100), rune drops (67 natures, 45 laws etc.), Steel Arrows, Rune spear. And a few more items that I can't think of right now, these are NOT effected by Ring of Wealth. This is completely separate from the above drops.

Dragon Med is also a "special" drop for a few monsters, King Black Dragon and Mutated Bloodvelds for example. As far as I'm aware Dragon Sear/Shield Half are NOT a special drop from any monster in the game at this point in time. Gems are a special drop from Tzhaar. Rune Javelins are special drops from a variety of monsters.

I do agree though, it would be nice if there were more global drops that are very rare. Doesn't have to be anything amazing, just more variety would be good.

Ye, thats what I tell people about ISW, half shields and d meds are no where near as rare there.

Stonewall337.png