Members via SMS

justcallmedaddy

Hi. It's summer and I' bored and I thought of a game I used to like, Runescape.

I wanted to subscribe again and notice they upped it by 95 cents. No problem. However I look at the payment options and see one that catches my eye: Paying via SMS (or text message).

Now, some questions: Will the charge just show up on my phone bill? Will it be called "Runescape Members", or something similar? Will I be a member immediately? Why is it $9.99 for members with SMS?

Hi. It's summer and I' bored and I thought of a game I used to like, Runescape.

I wanted to subscribe again and notice they upped it by 95 cents. No problem. However I look at the payment options and see one that catches my eye: Paying via SMS (or text message).

Now, some questions: Will the charge just show up on my phone bill? Will it be called "Runescape Members", or something similar? Will I be a member immediately? Why is it $9.99 for members with SMS?

Yes it appears on your phone bill. Yes. Yes you'll be given a Pin once your payment goes through, and you just go on the Runescape site and activate it onto whatever account you want.

It's more expensive because.... I can't answer that one I don't have a clue :S

But yeah this is how I subscribe/Runescape cards.

Chelsea FC #1

Join My Clan:

[qfc]290-291-830-65346534[/qfc]

Youtube Channel

It's more expensive to pay via PayBySMS because there's other fees distributed to the companies doing the services as an intermediary between you and Jagex. Also I can't help but notice you're trapped into this form of payment because you want to sneakily buy some members. May I suggest buying a Runescape membership card or a Gift Credit Card? Hopefully those are better options for you, and there's no traces back to you if you pay by cash at a local store :mrgreen:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

It's more expensive to pay via PayBySMS because there's other fees distributed to the companies doing the services as an intermediary between you and Jagex. Also I can't help but notice you're trapped into this form of payment because you want to sneakily buy some members. May I suggest buying a Runescape membership card or a Gift Credit Card? Hopefully those are better options for you, and there's no traces back to you if you pay by cash at a local store :mrgreen:

I am not trying to hide it lol. But good guess. It's just embarassing so I wanted it to be not so obvious, then just give money to my parents. (This is also what I do with Xbox LIVE Microsoft Points.) I buy them sneakily then just give my parents money when they ask what it was.

If you are using a prepaid phone, there will be no bill for it to show up on. I use PayBySMS to drain expiring airtime off my prepaid phone (AT&T). Some prepaid phones allow it and some don't.

Also, if you use Paymo you will not have to go through that awkward PIN-keying step. They have the process integrated & streamlined. Paymo SMS is also almost $2 cheaper than Surfpin. :thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours