Charge ...

Hajutze

I seem to have a problem with the Charge spell. I casted 100 times Claws of Guthix and now I can use it outside of the arena. The problem is that I can't use Charge. The in-game chat says "This spell can only be learnt in the Mage Arena." EVEN when I am IN the arena. Any ideas ?

He means that in order for you to be able to use the spell outside of the arena, whilst inside the arena you have to have the spell HIT, by HIT I mean cause some damage. Not SPLASH. By SPLASH I mean cause no damage at all. Clear enough?

It seems that I'm too dumb, I can use Claws of Guthix and Charge is not a striking spell so it can't splash ... I have to HIT 100 times with claws in order to use charge ? (I repeat - I can use claws outside of the arena atm)

Let me try it another way ...

How can I learn the Charge spell =/ (note: I have already learned the claws)

(already on my 200th cast and I have more than 50% success rate ... still the Charge is not available)

Are you perhaps talking about the level 80 spell on Modern Magics? You don't need to cast it x amount of times to unlock it, it should already be unlocked by default. That type of spell only applies to the Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak spells - not the spell itself. Perhaps post a screenshot?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Are you perhaps talking about the level 80 spell on Modern Magics? You don't need to cast it x amount of times to unlock it, it should already be unlocked by default. That type of spell only applies to the Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak spells - not the spell itself. Perhaps post a screenshot?

Finally someone actually understood it ... (Is it so hard - I CAN cast Claws but CANNOT cast Charge, It might be just me but there is one freakin spell with that name ...)

http://i46.tinypic.com/zvbkfm.jpg

this may or may not affect it but are you wearing the mage arena cape?

I am wearing Guthix Cape + Void Mace

If you are unable to cast the level 80 Charge spell with the appropriate magic level, this is a bug. You SHOULD be able to cast it REGARDLESS of what spells you have unlocked, so long as you have the level and the runes. If you cannot, something is wrong. Report it as a bug and hopefully Jagex will fix it promptly.

I suppose that Jagex limited the use to be able to cast Charge until you've unlocked the ability to cast either the Guthix, Saradomin or Zamorak spells outside the arena. If that doesn't work, then there's definitely something wrong. Also you should be able to cast the spell regardless of what cape or staff you're wearing, so that isn't an issue. Submit a bug report if none of the mentioned things work.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Since saying it 3-4 times is not enough ... I HAVE ALREADY LEARNED THE CLAWS OF GUTHIX. (Anyways I'll send a bug report I guess =/ ... tnx for the understanding (actually only 2 of you understood me) )

You have to talk to the chamber guardian and receive a staff before being able to cast Charge (having a staff was useless in my case, since I already had Void Mace .. it won't be bad to add this information in the Mage Arena guide).