Equipment builder - broken ?

Hi

Will anyone please try the Equipment Builder http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_tools&build

I can't get it to work properly anymore - try to search for "snakeskin" in the boots or body slot then it auto-insert either snakeskin body or snakeskin boots according to which of the slots is chosen which is a really cool feature, however, it doesn't display the price or the stats, so it is not really useful as it is right now !

Could anyone else please confirm my findings.

Seems to be working fine for me right now using Firefox. Is it still not working at all for you? What browser are you using while using the equipment builder?

Hi

I have yet again tried to select the Boots slot and then type in "snakeskin" and it still auto-inserts the snakeskin boots but do not show the GE price nor the stats.

I'm using IE8

Maybe another user with IE8 should give it a go in order to figure out if there are any browser compatibility issues - as i have said earlier I haven't experience this behavior before when using IE.

Just tried it with IE8 and I'm having the same problem as you plus a few others.

-When an item is auto inserted the stats/price don't update and no picture is shown

-When changing an item (ex glory to fury) the price/stats/icon doesn't change

-You can't change an item slot back to nothing

Must be a browser compatibility issue because while it works fine in Firefox for me, there's a lot of problems while using IE8.

Just tried it with IE8 and I'm having the same problem as you plus a few others.

-When an item is auto inserted the stats/price don't update and no picture is shown

-When changing an item (ex glory to fury) the price/stats/icon doesn't change

-You can't change an item slot back to nothing

Must be a browser compatibility issue because while it works fine in Firefox for me, there's a lot of problems while using IE8.

Hi

Thank you for confirming my results.

It's a real shame that it doesn't work properly under IE8 right now, but i hope the tip.it crew can figure way to fix it, so we all can use it again.

I also have two requests for features i would like to see:

1. Make it possible to compare two equipment builds side-by-side - make it work similar to the Compare Items

2. make it possible to choose equipment from a template - for example: Full Rune or Full Dragon, because then it will be much faster for users to use as they would only have to add a ring and maybe change a helmet, weapon or shield.

(I have requested these features before, but i don't think it would hurt to request them once again !)

You could use IE8's compatibility mode for the time being, it seems to work fine using that. (Press the button to the right of the address bar to activate it)

Hi

Thank you for describing a way to temporarily overcome this problem, however, i still hope that the tip.it crew will make a more permanent solution to the problem - but again thank you for the advice.

You want to know something very strange? I was able to recreate this error on the tip.it main site in IE8.

When I went to test it on the test server, I wasn't able to recreate the error. The code is exactly the same, and the test server is a copy of the main server. I've no idea what's going on.

~M