Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The New Guide to Pyramid Plunder

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Gandorf61
Posted Image The NEW Guide to Pyramid Plunder
>>>>> Version 2.0 The latest changes to the guide can be found in a teal colour.

So you want to level your thieving but you're tired of continuously stealing from someones pockets that seem to hold enough cash to buy out the partyhat economy. Perhaps you're bored of constantly knocking out Menaphites and Bandits faster than they can get back up; or maybe you're just looking for a new minigame that's easy to learn and fun to play. In this guide I'll show you how Pyramid Plunder can be a fun way to level thieving without the lonely stream of clicking in the same spot over and over again. While it may look confusing the first time you play, you can quickly become a master at this great minigame.

Contents

1. Requirements
2. How to Get There
3. Healing & Equipment
4. How to Play
  • 4.1 Step By Step Run Through
  • 4.2 Banking
  • 4.3 Floor Room Maps
5. Experience for Looting
6. Recharging your Sceptre
7. The Loot
8. Tips & Tricks
9. Closing & Credits

1. Requirements

2. How to Get There

3. Healing & Equipment

4. How to Play

Overview Map

4.1 Step By Step Run Through

4.2 Banking

4.3 Floor Room Maps

5. Experience for Looting

6. Recharging Your Sceptre

7. The Loot

8. Tips & Tricks
  • World 64 is the unofficial Pyramid Plunder world. I personally find it more fun when plundering together with others.
  • The door to the next room will be the same for every player playing. Try working together with others to find the next door quickly.
  • The doors in each room reset every time someone enters the pyramid. If you've checked all the doors and none of them were right, check them all again. This happens more often on busy worlds but I find that the benefit of finding the doors faster outweighs the annoyance of the doors changing when someone enters the pyramid so I still use world 64.
  • You may want to bring an emergency teleport the first time you go through just in case.

Codguy has also allowed me to post his run through video for anyone who wants to see how the game is played in action.

9. Closing & Credits
I hope my guide has taught you something about Pyramid Plunder. I tried to include everything I could find out to make this minigame easy to learn as well as fun to play. I'll eventually post a video with a run through to give more of an idea of how it works so you can see it in action. If you have any tips I may have missed be sure to mention them and I'll be sure to add them and credit you. Constructive criticism and comments are always welcome too. :)

Special thanks to Tip.it for providing many of the references in my guide.

Written By: Gandorf61
November 15th 2009

Also thanks to:
JoeDaStudd
magib1
Codguy
1zacman1
JacTise69
miracleman58

Guide History

Underbanner:

Posted Image

[url="http://forum.tip.it/topic/250989-the-new-guide-to-pyramid-plunder/"][img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9300/pyramidsig2.png[/img][/url]

Edited by Gandorf61, 08 January 2011 - 08:38 AM.
Fixed broken image

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:joe da studd
Add the prayer book from The great brain robbery.
Its 1 prayer point to remove the poison.
You can wield either ancient mace or SGS to regain any prayer points (and hp with SGS).

Nice guide.
Drops
Stats

magib1
[ Display Name History ]

magib1

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • RSN:Magib1
  • Clan:Orbo ab Chao
Is it worth banking after every run or should you just tank up on food and a few super antipoison pots and just bank when you run out? Seems like this might give better exp/hour but I haven't done PP in a long time...

Singh
[ Display Name History ]

Singh

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • RSN:LtGen Singh
  • Clan:DGS
I like ur guide, i'm probably going to get 70 some day

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts

Add the prayer book from The great brain robbery.
Its 1 prayer point to remove the poison.
You can wield either ancient mace or SGS to regain any prayer points (and hp with SGS).

Nice guide.

I've added a small section on using the prayer book. Not the best method to use but still viable for some players. :thumbup:

Is it worth banking after every run or should you just tank up on food and a few super antipoison pots and just bank when you run out? Seems like this might give better exp/hour but I haven't done PP in a long time...

Good point, I've listed not banking under the banking methods section, thanks!

I like ur guide, i'm probably going to get 70 some day

Good luck on your goal then, you're already getting pretty close to it. :)

magib1
[ Display Name History ]

magib1

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
Also you don't happen to know at what point Pyramid Plunder actually becomes faster than blackjacking do you? I've heard answers to that ranging from PP is always faster to it's only faster at 91+ Thieving. If you don't know it's not a big deal, just trying to get a definitive answer from someone :P

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
Well at 91 thieving pyramid plunder is definitely faster. As for 81 I did a few quick calculations and the maximum experience obtainable at this level would be between 150-180k experience/hour. Blackjacking caps at around 200k experience/hour so that makes it a bit better than pyramid plunder until 91. However you also need to consider that 200k experience/hour blackjacking requires an immense amount of attention and clicking so your more likely to get less than that if you can't stay focused the entire time.

Personally I would say 81+ thieving would be the best time to switch to pyramid plunder as it is a much more relaxing method and will allow you to get very similar experience to blackjacking. It's up to personal preference really if you want to start at 81 or 91 thieving. Anything before that will give less experience than other methods though.

magib1
[ Display Name History ]

magib1

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 79 posts
Alright, thanks. Got 81 a while ago and I'll probably shoot for 99 Thieving after I get wcing and I've been trying to plan it out.

Anyways great guide I'll definitely check it out again once I start training thieving :)

Zemus3654
[ Display Name History ]

Zemus3654

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 171 posts
  • RSN:Zemus3654
  • Clan:Wilderness Guardians
nice guide, i'm already 99 thieving which i got at PP :P
Posted Image
24th to 2496 Overall   ~  29th to 120 Dungeoneering

~ Wilderness Guardian since November 2007 ~

kamikazewate
[ Display Name History ]

kamikazewate

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
Very well written guide. I've never really been fond of thieving; conversely, your guide provides a sanguine approach to the daunting task of training thieving. I applaud your altruistic attitude!

Codguy
[ Display Name History ]

Codguy

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • RSN:Codguy
  • RSN2:Codgirl
  • Clan:FSC
Very great guide, well written, everything is shown well and explained well. Plus I applaud you for mentioning that you can do more than just check for snakes in the second to last room. That is a huge factor in experience per hour. A lot of people think that a little bit of experience in the 2nd to last room, and get done with the last room earlier than you're kicked out is faster, when in fact, it is not.

I personally would open all chests (I got 4 or 5 sceptres to 99 and all of them were in room 5 or lower, 2 of which were in the first room) when I was training to 99. However in the 5th room, I would check the 2 closest doors before going to the chest, as that would greatly speed things up if one of those two doors were correct. It might be a slightly slower experience rate/hour, but it's such little, and gives you a much greater chance at getting more money from training the skill, that I'd consider doing it. But that's up to whoever is training, just saying what I preferred :P

And lastly, I want to show you the setup that I used for getting the best experience per hour at Pyramid Plunder.

Posted Image

Obviously this can be tweaked to your liking if you were to use it. The reason why I find this efficient, well, the equipment is basic, and you have a negative weight bonus (which doesn't really matter anymore due to the running update) and it gives a good prayer bonus if you need it (rarely did myself).

The inventory however is quite important to me. So, summon the extra bunyip there so you have 12 extra spaces open in your inventory. Then, loot the chests (low level chests are good to loot for this too, so you fill up your inventory with stone objects sooner) and fill up your inventory. Sip your antipoison whenever you get poisoned, and then you can wait until you get poisoned again to repot. The bunyip will keep you healed with the antipoison almost no matter what. With this inventory, you can last for approximately 220 minutes, or almost 4 hours straight, without banking. Whenever you use up an antipoison potion, drop the vial and fill it up with the highest piece of gold you can get. Anyways, with this, you will last longer than the 220 minutes, so 4 hours straight. Now at 91+, you could get over 1m experience without banking. That's pretty nice. And obviously, when you need a new bunyip, summon it. There's 5 bunyips in that inventory, and if your summoning is low and you have to take a sip to summon your second bunyip, then bring a Summoning Potion (4) instead of a (3) dose.

Also, for experience rates, with this setup, and going as fast as possible, I could get up to about 270k xp/hour, averaging probably around 260-265k xp/hour. I almost always timed my hours as I was powertraining to 99 from 94. And from Blackjacking, I know that up to ~270k xp/hour (280k if you didn't fail, but you will), and at level 90, if I were to keep up my pace, I could get 240-260k xp/hour depending on failures.

Just thought I'd give you a little bit on insight on my changes to it. And if people don't believe my experience rates, I have no reason to lie, and I'm 100% sure of my rates, as it's simple to time yourself for 1 hour and look at the change in experience.

Anyways, if you want to use any of that, feel free to. But just wanted to throw out a bit of extra information that helped me get 99 pretty quickly.
Posted Image

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
Thanks for the information codguy!

I've quoted part of your post under the inventory setups for people who want the maximum experience without banking. Hopefully I'll have some time to head back to the pyramid to try it out and see what I get at my level.

Xecer
[ Display Name History ]

Xecer

Chompy

• Members
  • 1,120 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Echevaria
  • RSN2:Xecer
Nice guide :)

I do have an alternate way to do it though;

What I do is wear some hides and the weight reducing items. I use a bunyip to heal the damage I get. In my inventory I have 4 bunyip pouches and a 4-dosed summoning pot, also have 1 bunyip out. Nothing really new there :)

But what I also do is using the sceptre's teleport after finishing a round, this way I get to the mummy without even looking for the correct door and it's quicker than walking around the pyramid if you do know the door.
When the scepter's charges are empty, I just charge it with the loot I got from the rounds and then I continue plundering.

So basically, I sacrifice the moneyearning aspect of pyramid plunder to get some comfort and speed :D!

Jacks0n
[ Display Name History ]

Jacks0n

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • RSN:Jacks0n
Very nice guide =P

Thanks ^^

Codguy
[ Display Name History ]

Codguy

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 810 posts

I've quoted part of your post under the inventory setups for people who want the maximum experience without banking. Hopefully I'll have some time to head back to the pyramid to try it out and see what I get at my level.

No problem! :)
Posted Image

Xxyy44
[ Display Name History ]

Xxyy44

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts

Heya Codguy, could you add me ingame? I'd like to ask you some questions about your method :) (Name: Xxyy44)

Great guide!

Codguy
[ Display Name History ]

Codguy

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 810 posts

Heya Codguy, could you add me ingame? I'd like to ask you some questions about your method :) (Name: Xxyy44)

Great guide!

Yeah, feel free to add me. I always keep my private chat on, so anyone can message me.
Posted Image

NotoriousPSC
[ Display Name History ]

NotoriousPSC

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 338 posts
Good guide, Pyramid Plunder is the best thieving xp by far, especially at high levels

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Codguy
[ Display Name History ]

Codguy

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 810 posts
It was asked of me by a Tifer to make a video of a Pyramid Plunder run with my setup. So, as follows, is a link to a video I just uploaded, with a bit of information. It shows me getting 21,920 experience in one run, or approximately (at 12 runs per hour) 263,040 experience per hour.

Enjoy.
Posted Image

Gandorf61
[ Display Name History ]

Gandorf61

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,669 posts
That's a pretty good video of a run. Do you mind if I link to it in my main post?

I haven't had much time to create a video myself, I seem to keep putting it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users