The New Guide to Pyramid Plunder

Gandorf61

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mentioned that you should use it from 71+ and 91+, but that at 81-91, the xp is comparable to blackjacking. Would you suggest switching to blackjacking for the optimal xp, or just continue at PP through those levels?

If you're fast at clicking or use mousekeys it would probably be worthwhile to do blackjacking to at least level 81 where Pyramid Plunder will start to give you equal or better xp/hr. From there you could do Pyramid Plunder all the way to level 99 for the best experience. I also have heard that thieving monkey knife fighters might be even better xp than Pyramid Plunder so it might be worthwhile to check them up. (Sorry I don't know much about xp rates for Monkey knife fighters)

If you find that you can't maintain a fast clicking rate when blackjacking then you might want to try Pyramid Plunder sooner as it's not as click intensive. It really just depends on your gameplay style.

• 7 months later...

Great guide, could use a mention of Black Ibis and the Sceptre of the gods, but that's about it. Really great guide :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually very easy to do. You can pay the mummy either 24 pottery trinkets (includes combs), 12 stone trinkets, or 6 gold trinkets. I find it best to pay him 12 stone seal trinkets because it's the cheapest way to pay him for the three teleport charges. 12 stone seals are only worth 1800gp so it's not that expensive. You also get a lot of these while plundering so you should always have some in your bank. When your sceptre has one charge left just remember to grab 12 stone seals from your bank and when you teleport to the pyramid use a seal on the mummy to get him to charge your sceptre. Note: Your sceptre can only be recharged when it has no more charges left.

At higher thieving levels, I'd suggest switching to keeping only Gold seals instead of stone seals, as stone seals seems to be rarer than gold seals at later rooms.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not a bad guide at all. I have yet to get any pieces of Ibis gear yet, but I have heard conflicting reports. Does it appear only oin your inventory, and thus you would always need a free space open? Or will it appear on the ground? I have nightmares of having Ibis show up on the ground only to see "Your time is up..." While trying to grab it.

I've always checked for snakes. I found it much faster xp rates from less failures even when I was level 98. Never bothered with proper efficiency calculations though so maybe I was just lucky/unlucky during my tests.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Not a bad guide at all. I have yet to get any pieces of Ibis gear yet, but I have heard conflicting reports. Does it appear only oin your inventory, and thus you would always need a free space open? Or will it appear on the ground? I have nightmares of having Ibis show up on the ground only to see "Your time is up..." While trying to grab it.

It definitely appears on the ground, I got a piece in Room 3, however had already spammed the door to next room, which unluckily in my case was the correct one. It was only then I saw the message about getting a piece of Black Ibis.

I quickly left the pyramid & restarted, managing to get back to drop in time :)

Top tip, check floor & chat box before clicking on the doors.

the_lad_1.png

I've always checked for snakes. I found it much faster xp rates from less failures even when I was level 98. Never bothered with proper efficiency calculations though so maybe I was just lucky/unlucky during my tests.

It would have to raise your accuracy to over 100% for it to be worth it :P

Mmm A lot of the maxed players with guides on YouTube still suggest checking for snakes.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Mmm A lot of the maxed players with guides on YouTube still suggest checking for snakes.

It's not the size of the boat that matters, but then again, it takes a long time to get to France in a rowboat.

• 4 weeks later...

Noticed that I never replied to this.

http://www.xp-waste.com/pyramid-plunder-success-rate-t1796.html

Well say searching and looting both take 4 ticks then...

(4 ticks/attempt) / (0.69 successes/attempt) = 5.797 ticks/success on average.

Therefore:

(4+4)/x > 5.797

x= 1.38

So if the true success rate is 69% at level 99 then at level 99 searching for snake will not be worth the time involved even if it increases the success rate to 100%.

**this is just for the 4 and 4 tick example**

In the general case it would be

(a+b)/x > (a/.69)

Where:

a = the ticks per attempt of looting an urn.

b = the ticks per attempt of searching an urn.

x = the successful looting percentage after searching the urn.

His example uses incorrect information but the formula is basically correct. Essentially, searching for snakes would have to increase accuracy by a lot more than it does for it to be worth it.